PDA

View Full Version : Cap question

Gtech
02-19-2009, 11:37 AM
I have been asked to build a Water 4 Gas system. The one with the wires in a canning jar. I get the concept, and I know it is not the most efficient system out there.
My question is, How do you get the electrolyte into the jar? The plans are vague at best. I dont think it is a good idea to remove the jar, screw the lid off and fill it up.
I imagine putting a stopper of sort, or a type of cap? I am starting today and any help is appreciated.
Plus, is there any major thing wrong with the wire-plexiglass set up? I assume the other ones are more efficient, but is this system worth the trouble.
I do plan on updating the generator to the plate kind after I get some experience.
Thanks in advance.:)

H2OPWR
02-19-2009, 11:44 AM
I have been asked to build a Water 4 Gas system. The one with the wires in a canning jar. I get the concept, and I know it is not the most efficient system out there.
My question is, How do you get the electrolyte into the jar? The plans are vague at best. I dont think it is a good idea to remove the jar, screw the lid off and fill it up.
I imagine putting a stopper of sort, or a type of cap? I am starting today and any help is appreciated.
Plus, is there any major thing wrong with the wire-plexiglass set up? I assume the other ones are more efficient, but is this system worth the trouble.
I do plan on updating the generator to the plate kind after I get some experience.

I do not want to be a downer on your plan. Before you spend any money on this I may as well be the first to tell you. What is going to happen eventually is that you will have a short or something and a glass grenade. Also you will have a devil of a time getting enough HHO to make a difference. If you do decide to do it anyway to fill it you just have to unscrew the lid. You can not build in a stopper that will work in those plastic lid's. Good luck and hold off a couple of days and get some advice. There are plenty of people here with lots of knowledge.

Larry

gashead
02-19-2009, 04:36 PM

only build one of these if you are going to install it ( or them ) on a small engine. 2 liters or smaller. if using baking soda do not use more than 1/2 teaspoon in the jar, ( it will get too hot ), if using lye only put just a pinch in it.

chris1200
02-19-2009, 07:18 PM
For my 1.5 liter engine I use 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon baking soda, no temp issues so far. You have to remove it and unscrew to clean and refill.

bigjim56
02-19-2009, 11:45 PM
Once its filled with the initial electrolite, I use the bubbler for refill. Just unscrew it all the way off and use a plastic medical srynge for refill w/DI or electrolite. Tubing can fit over the bubbler inlet for a spilless fill. Reinstall the cap and run the car for a minute or so to reset the air inlet flow. Works great for me, I even add the catalyst this way, just pinch the vaccum hose to the cell, add a drop of electrolite and slowly suck it in by releasing the pinched hose (vehicle running of course).

Hows those leaks around the lids? Use a bubble solution to test for leaks. I had a bear of a time trying to eliminate the leaks around the lids. Ended up using the aluminum foil tape around the lid, excess Plumbers goop around the lids fittings, now its great....but it sucks on output. I flash tested the HHO production and it takes 5 minutes or more for these cells to produce combustable HHO. Do a balloon test to ensure production.

I've all but given up on this system (still some tinkering) and am currently building my first dry cell. Watch the videos on here and youtube and you can easily see that the water4gas design can never be as productive as the dry cells.

bigjim56

Gtech
02-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the input. I thought of Smacks design before, but it stated that I was not to use baking soda and water in it. The innards would not last long. Is that correct. I want to use something that is not toxic. This generator is for an elderly couple.
I want a decent result, and safety.
I will make a new topic and ask some questions.
Thanks again.