PDA

View Full Version : Variable PWM with current control

Eddie
02-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Hi there, what do you think the idea of adding current control to the PWM should work? I read the FAQ from zero fossil fuel about the cell get hot and draw more current. Therefore, the PWM should be adjusted to reduce the current. This could be done by a simple micro-processor circuitery to control the PWM with the feedback current. I plan to develop it, if anyone want to try and test, please let me know. Firstly, do you think it works?
Eddie

alpha-dog
02-17-2009, 11:54 PM
I've already done it with the MX067 and a lot more. Look in the pwm section.
Russ

Eddie
02-18-2009, 12:46 AM
Oh... did it work? Also should feedback the water level and temperature to the u-processor. Is you PWM available for sale?

alpha-dog
02-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Oh... did it work? Also should feedback the water level and temperature to the u-processor. Is you PWM available for sale?

I'm talking with an engineer about making a beta run, not really sure yet but if you look over in the pwm section you'll see how I modified the mx for P-channel fets. I also have the current control circuit working. I'm wanting to make a modular system with huge versatility. These fets will work up to 100khz and are often used in audio circuits at 48khz with lots of amps. The way people hook them up is crazy and the need for a true HHO pwm exist.

Eddie
02-18-2009, 10:58 AM
I am new to HHO, just saw the vidoe and presentation from zerofossilfuel and painless. With my limited knowledge, I only understand the PWM and EFIE part when using HHO in cars. I am interested in creating a better system for the application to vehicles, such that the driver could access to the info. of generator level, voltage, O2 level and so on. I believe that a central controller should be used to collect these info. from the system.

alpha-dog
02-18-2009, 06:18 PM
I am new to HHO, just saw the vidoe and presentation from zerofossilfuel and painless. With my limited knowledge, I only understand the PWM and EFIE part when using HHO in cars. I am interested in creating a better system for the application to vehicles, such that the driver could access to the info. of generator level, voltage, O2 level and so on. I believe that a central controller should be used to collect these info. from the system.

Your talking a lot more than pwm here. There are many approaches to an HHO system. A lot of it has to depend on how old your car is or what technology is used. One of the problems I have is that my dodge truck has o2 NB sensors used more like wideband AFR's. You will have your own headaches. Do a lot of research before you began.

Dave Nowlin
02-18-2009, 06:24 PM
A lot of the info you want can be obtained with a Scanguage if you have a newer vehicle with ODB II.

Dave Nowlin

alpha-dog
02-18-2009, 07:53 PM
A lot of the info you want can be obtained with a Scanguage if you have a newer vehicle with ODB II.

Dave Nowlin

Are you talking to me? I use an aero-force scangauge. it does the same thing as scanguage but looks nicer. The stuff I'm talking about comes from research. O2 NB sensors with a 2.5 volt bias works differently than normal NB o2 sensors. I wish I knew more about it, but I understand that it is a budget conscious auto makers way of making a cheap AFR.