PDA

View Full Version : Plate Spacing Videos - Less is MORE!

BoyntonStu
02-16-2009, 10:34 AM
HHO MAX 002 Part 1 - Plate spacing is the Key to EFFICIENCY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXK8mJbmz6o&feature=channel

The Results are in!! Progress is being
made!!

In these next six videos I am comparing plate spacing. I have two cells exactly the same except the spacing...Parts 1, 3 and 5 are spaced at 0.050" ...Parts 2, 4 and 6 are spaced at 0.025" ...Plate cofiguration is +nnnnn-nnnnn+ ...KOH solution was made and divided equally.

An interesting thing to note is the
Voltage, being supplied by the charger, is more when the larger plate spacing cell is being tested...the Amps are fixed at 7.00Amps...the larger space creates more resistance. And as the water tempurature rises the voltage required is less.

Also notice the gas saturation with the larger spaced cell. The narrower spacing produces larger bubbles...so they rise to the surface and pop rather than get recirculated back down into the solution, which would affect production.

BoyntonStu

bigjim56
02-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Stu,

Excellent work! I opted for the 0.040 Pan liner over the 0.0625 Neoprene for my cell. This video gives me hope. If the pan liner develops a leak, I will try the 0.025 gaskets.

Thanks for the video and the documentation, it really helps those of us that are meandering through all the information out there.

bigjim56

H2OPWR
02-16-2009, 02:16 PM
HHO MAX 002 Part 1 - Plate spacing is the Key to EFFICIENCY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXK8mJbmz6o&feature=channel

The Results are in!! Progress is being
made!!

In these next six videos I am comparing plate spacing. I have two cells exactly the same except the spacing...Parts 1, 3 and 5 are spaced at 0.050" ...Parts 2, 4 and 6 are spaced at 0.025" ...Plate cofiguration is +nnnnn-nnnnn+ ...KOH solution was made and divided equally.

An interesting thing to note is the
Voltage, being supplied by the charger, is more when the larger plate spacing cell is being tested...the Amps are fixed at 7.00Amps...the larger space creates more resistance. And as the water tempurature rises the voltage required is less.

Also notice the gas saturation with the larger spaced cell. The narrower spacing produces larger bubbles...so they rise to the surface and pop rather than get recirculated back down into the solution, which would affect production.

BoyntonStu

I am in total agreement about plate spacing in a smaller cell. When you get to a larger cell with more than 30 or so plates I have had problems as has Russ in keeping the electrolite in the cell with the small plate gaps. In an open bath design as in the video where electrolite can flow in from all sides as well as the bottom the closer the better no matter how large the plate stack. I would question if the results would be the same with just a couple of small holes for electrolite flow and gas exhaust. Just my opinon.

Larry