PDA

View Full Version : to manifold or to air cleaner or both

szekwun
02-15-2009, 04:25 AM
hi there i am new i try to hook up my generator to my old volvo 244gl but the air cleaner dont give any vacuum when i put the hose on it. and i put a joint two hose manifold vacuum and air cleaner together but i found out the manifold vacuum is much more stronger than air cleaner, that means all the hho will draw to manifold instead inject to carb. i serious need help:confused:

Q-Hack!
02-15-2009, 10:25 AM
You may not need the vacuum, but I would suggest trying each to see which gives you better results. Some people seem to have good results with either. Just remember that you need to keep the electrolyte out of the engine. You also want to make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks created when you add HHO.

szekwun
02-15-2009, 11:30 AM
thanks for your help. do you have any idea that why my air cleaner dont vacuum hho. this make me crazy. i seen other video on net they all can perform vacuum only to air cleaner.:confused: i checked for vacuum leak too.

redneck323
02-15-2009, 11:48 AM
I am not sure what video you where watching but there will not be vaccum other than a small amount when the throttle plates are opened and the manifold vaccum is introduced to the restiction of the air cleaner. Think of you engine as a vaccum cleaner when you put your hand over the hose that is like the throttle plates of your carb. or throttle body on injected cars. When you take your hand off (throttle plates open ) there is a small amount of vaccum aroung the entrance point. Either way the HHO comes out of the cell being pushed by the generation of more gas behind it. Even though there may not be measurable vaccum there there is a flow there which will pull the HHO into the engine so it will make its way in. I have no personal experience with hooking straight to absolute manifold vaccum but have heard of results this way but i am only hooked to the intake boot before my throttle body, Which would be the same as your aircleaner. I do use a 1 way check valve there so that flow can only enter the engine not come back out. You may have better result connecting to the engine side of your aircleaner rather than atmosphere side becasue of the pressure differential created by your air cleaner because no matter how good an air cleaner is it still is a restriction maybe only a small amount but this will assist in asuring the HHO only go's into the engine rather than back flow to the atmosphere. Hope this helps Good Luck!!

szekwun
02-16-2009, 07:42 AM
thanks you nery much i understand now.

szekwun
02-16-2009, 07:45 AM
hi do you have any ideal why a carb will over flow? my car 244GL volvo

redneck323
02-16-2009, 08:36 AM
If it is overflowing out of the top you either have something stuck in the needle seat, a misadjusted bowl or a bad needle seat> i would recommend a full rebuild. I dont know the volvos but some carbs have a bowl adjustment that would allow you to adjust the level down you will need to research this though as i have no experience with volvo carbs
Good Luck!
Carl