PDA

View Full Version : cooling system

sashka
02-13-2009, 11:01 PM
I was wondering what kind of cooling system are being used with the hho setups if any? pump with radiator or ..?

and whats the trick with controlling the pump or is it always on?

SmartScarecrow
02-14-2009, 12:46 AM
I was wondering what kind of cooling system are being used with the hho setups if any? pump with radiator or ..?

and whats the trick with controlling the pump or is it always on?

if you design and assemble your device properly, you should be able to keep your operating temperatures pretty much anywhere you want them to be ... most of us like to keep the operating temperature below 130F mainly because some of the materials we can get our hands on easily and for low cost, tend to deteriorate at higher temperatures ...

however, there is some pretty solid evidence that the process is more efficient as temperatures rise ... some have found that running the device under fairly high temperatures and pressure will increase overall efficiency by a notable margin ...

but it takes careful planning and selection of materials to build a high temperature, high pressure device ... and of course handling HHO while under pressure is not a trivial matter ... hopefully a rock solid design suitable for use by average experimenters who are not wearing kevlar will evolve at some point in the near future ... there are those who are working on them ... for the time being, approach the high temperatures and high pressures with extreme caution ... its about as dangerous poking a lion in the eye with a stick ...

in a 12v system, if you design your device so you are running about 2v per plate gap, and do not try to push more amps at it than your surface area can handle, you should be able to keep your temperatures within the range that is safe for common materials ... but yes, you can cool a device with a low volume pump and a stainless steel radiator ...

you might also take a hard look at some of the popular still designs for ideas on how to fabricate a condenser unit to cool your gas for delivery to the work ... those country boys who make shine have a lot to teach of backyard builders ... its hard to argue with 400 years of tradition that works ...

sashka
02-14-2009, 01:20 AM
another thing
Im trying to install my hho on a 2001 jeep grand cherokee 4.7ltr and it has a Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) and i was wondering what would be better, either a MAP/MAF enhancer or a EFIE enhancer? any outcomes of either of the choices?

bigjim56
02-14-2009, 01:38 PM
I have a 2001 Acura, I bought my MAP sensor enhancer thru Pennyfuel.com for about $50 if I remember correctly. Unfortunatley I bought one of the "dual" controller models, one side for 'city" the other for "highway" Both sides do the exact same thing. Waste of $. I only use one side ALL THE TIME. It works great, just my water4gas design is lacking, I finally got it to hydrolize the water, just trying to get more HHO from it is like pulling teeth. Got an additional 15 miles last tankful...WOW! Currently building my first dry cell, thanks to everyone's advice on here.

The MAP sensor is the least costliest way to go if you have OBD1, which I assume you have because of your vehicles year.

Check out pennyfuel.com, they've got some very well made HHO parts. Installation instructions accompanying it were right on.

bigjim56

Q-Hack!
02-14-2009, 05:11 PM
I have a 2001 Acura, I bought my MAP sensor enhancer thru Pennyfuel.com for about $50 if I remember correctly. Unfortunatley I bought one of the "dual" controller models, one side for 'city" the other for "highway" Both sides do the exact same thing. Waste of $.

bigjim56

Especially when you open one up and see that all it contains is a switch, resistor and a potentiometer. All had at Radio shack for about $10 plus another $10 for a soldering iron (if you don't already own one).

http://www.fuel-saver.org/Forum/attachment.php?aid=139

sashka
02-14-2009, 09:19 PM
I have a 2001 Acura, I bought my MAP sensor enhancer thru Pennyfuel.com for about $50 if I remember correctly. Unfortunatley I bought one of the "dual" controller models, one side for 'city" the other for "highway" Both sides do the exact same thing. Waste of $. I only use one side ALL THE TIME. It works great, just my water4gas design is lacking, I finally got it to hydrolize the water, just trying to get more HHO from it is like pulling teeth. Got an additional 15 miles last tankful...WOW! Currently building my first dry cell, thanks to everyone's advice on here.

The MAP sensor is the least costliest way to go if you have OBD1, which I assume you have because of your vehicles year.

Check out pennyfuel.com, they've got some very well made HHO parts. Installation instructions accompanying it were right on.

bigjim56

what model of acura did you install your hho? how much hho are you producing with your cell and where on the vehicle did you connect the lines? intake manifold or air intake or both?

Im thinking of installing the hho cell on my 98 accord v6 as well but i believe it has a MAF not a MAP sensor.

bigjim56
02-15-2009, 01:36 AM
sashka,

Its a 2001 Acura Integra, my cells (6 small) do produce, but very weak IMO. I see performance gains, but very little mpg gains. I'm continually trying new ideas to try to get more mpg's from the water4gas design, before I get my cry cell built. My current application point is a T off of the PCV valve vacuum hose. I have a second point at the end of the K&N filter, that I've quit using. Some do not reccomend vacuum, I may try another point (venturi into K&N?) in the future.

Another idea I highly reccomend is the water4gas idea of a PCV enhancer, its a filter for the PCV valve that filters the recycled engine vaccum gases. I installed one 2 months ago and its really cleaning my engine (75,000 miles). I'm still getting a pure black sooty substance that I clean out once a week. I originally thought it was a mixture of oil/dirt etc. But my oil has not gone down and its even gotten cleaner! I run 30W synthetic in it and change every 5000 miles. I'm gonna put one on my truck next, it really seems to work well.

bigjim56

sashka
02-16-2009, 01:13 PM
sashka,

Its a 2001 Acura Integra, my cells (6 small) do produce, but very weak IMO. I see performance gains, but very little mpg gains. I'm continually trying new ideas to try to get more mpg's from the water4gas design, before I get my cry cell built. My current application point is a T off of the PCV valve vacuum hose. I have a second point at the end of the K&N filter, that I've quit using. Some do not reccomend vacuum, I may try another point (venturi into K&N?) in the future.

Another idea I highly reccomend is the water4gas idea of a PCV enhancer, its a filter for the PCV valve that filters the recycled engine vaccum gases. I installed one 2 months ago and its really cleaning my engine (75,000 miles). I'm still getting a pure black sooty substance that I clean out once a week. I originally thought it was a mixture of oil/dirt etc. But my oil has not gone down and its even gotten cleaner! I run 30W synthetic in it and change every 5000 miles. I'm gonna put one on my truck next, it really seems to work well.

bigjim56

yeah i bought one of those pcv enhancers but didnt really have much faith that it would do anything but after reading your reply and doing alittle bit of research about the valve, it looks like the enhancer is a good benefit to have it on, i will probably install that on today.

bigjim56
02-16-2009, 01:34 PM
sashka,

Be careful w/the installation. Its a durable plastic, but it is a plastic, so it could possibly melt (or deform) if in too hot of an area of the engine compartment. I put mine on in the winter, its yet to see hot summer temperatures. I plan on wrapping the bowl w/the aluminum tape if it gets too hot. It's mounted opposite of the exhaust manifold over the intake, so I'm hoping its okay. And make sure the bottom valve is tightened, I had some minor vacuum leaks I had to deal with.

I plan on putting one on my truck this spring, if longevity of your engine is your goal, this is an excellent idea. Periodic cleaning of once every 2/3 weeks is needed. Watch your oil, see if it does'nt clean itself up. I was amazed. The only place the oily gunk can be coming if not from my engines synthetic oil, is the gasoline. I know gasoline has oil additives, but to "distill" the dirt from the cars present oil is really an astonishment. There really must be a firestorm of high temperature steamy/oily mixture running though this area, that would otherwise be unfiltered and reinjected into the intake.

bigjim56