PDA

View Full Version : vacum line or no vacum line

bigsmoke1956
02-11-2009, 12:39 AM
Help,

With the new dry cells which is the best way induce the hho into the injectorw by way the vacum or by air intake, which is the best to do it.

thanks
Bigsmoke1956

mytoyotasucks
02-11-2009, 12:48 AM
I use a vacuum line and one to before the throttle body.

i run both lines off of my bubbler.

just dont use a big vacuum line, it will suck water out of the bubbler.

VanHalen
02-12-2009, 10:57 AM
When you use a vacuum line it lowers the atmospheric pressure, as well as your boiling point. SO if your cell gets hot, it will boil faster. I ran mine through a bubbler of vinegar so that any water sucked out got caught in it. I ran mine through the air intake and vauum line, and had no problems but I'm sure it may have lowered my MMW a bit when it got hot.

Painless
02-12-2009, 11:13 AM
I used a vacuum line for many months without incident, then ended up with water in my brake master cylinder and hardly being able to stop my truck at 5mph. The vacuum line I used was NOT the brake vacuum.

In my opinion, vacuum isn't worth the safety risk. I was lucky that my problem occurred before I pulled out of my driveway onto the road, you might not be so lucky.

Russ.

daddymikey1975
02-12-2009, 02:51 PM
I used a vacuum line for many months without incident, then ended up with water in my brake master cylinder and hardly being able to stop my truck at 5mph. The vacuum line I used was NOT the brake vacuum.

In my opinion, vacuum isn't worth the safety risk. I was lucky that my problem occurred before I pulled out of my driveway onto the road, you might not be so lucky.

Russ.

(i only post this to help people avoid hooking up to vacuum)

this may have occurred becasue the brake booster is actually a vacuum reservoir. When the engine is not running, there's still some vacuum present because the booster 'stores' some vacuum. It does this to assist in stopping your vehicle in the event the engine stalls. when your engine is shut off, the booster is still 'providing some suction' and could siphon off some of your bubbler fluid. As Painless found out, it's not a very healthy outcome.

EDIT: I should add that there are some that use this method (anyways) and have had no incident, you may do so at your own risk. IMO the small bit of 'perceived' gain isn't worth the risk.

I hope this helps
mike

kaptar
02-12-2009, 03:24 PM
You know that your vacuum is highest when you back off the throttle. I don't think that is when you need your biggest shot of hho. Wouldn't it go right out the exhaust with no benefits?