PDA

View Full Version : What's my main fuel line?

RobGromit
02-08-2009, 04:02 PM
I just got an old 86 Chevy. It's got a carburetor. I want to try to hook up an basic HHO system to it. I'm new to all this... and I'm not sure what my primary vacuum line is... the one that I need to tap into.

Would you guys let me know based on the attached photo? Thanks!

H2OPWR
02-08-2009, 06:24 PM
I just got an old 86 Chevy. It's got a carburetor. I want to try to hook up an basic HHO system to it. I'm new to all this... and I'm not sure what my primary vacuum line is... the one that I need to tap into.

Regarding Vacuum. You will get much advice on to stay away from it. Let me be the first. Do not hook your cell to vacuum. Too many problems and safety concerns.

Larry

Painless
02-08-2009, 06:30 PM

Before you make a decision about using vacuum, read this post of mine and then make up your mind.

http://www.hhoforums.com/showpost.php?p=22897&postcount=909

bigjim56
02-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Painless,

I've read the thread you linked to above. If not the vacuum line, then I assume you would mean the air filter housing area, correct? I currently have the water4gas design that is hooked to the PCV valve vacuum line. It's my strongest vacuum point.

I can understand not using the vacuum that goes to the brake reservoir. Even using the air filter housing constitutes using vacuum, its just a much lower vacuum.

The water4gas design puts out small puffs of HHO (if that), but the dry cells produce much more, so it would make sense to have it be fed to the air filter housing.

bigjim56

Painless
02-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Painless,

I've read the thread you linked to above. If not the vacuum line, then I assume you would mean the air filter housing area, correct? I currently have the water4gas design that is hooked to the PCV valve vacuum line. It's my strongest vacuum point.

I can understand not using the vacuum that goes to the brake reservoir. Even using the air filter housing constitutes using vacuum, its just a much lower vacuum.

The water4gas design puts out small puffs of HHO (if that), but the dry cells produce much more, so it would make sense to have it be fed to the air filter housing.

bigjim56

On my truck I have my HHO hose delivering right up to the throttle body, you can go through the air filter but the HHO will lose potency that way. You can increase the vacuum from the throttle body delivery point by building yourself a venturi and using that to inject the HHO.

The vacuum line I had used wasn't the break vacuum, however, water still managed to get into that part of the system. I'm not quite sure how, but it happened.

Not much fun when you have to stand on the brakes to stop a 6400 lb truck at 5 mph.