PDA

View Full Version : Poll WILL GAS PRICES GO BACK UP TO $4.00?

Gary Diamond
02-07-2009, 10:52 PM
WILL GAS PRICES GO BACK UP TO $4.00 THIS YEAR?

Here is my take, not over $2.60 nation wide.

I also think if it does go over $3.25 there will be a a very big push for alternative energy just like we had a space race, and if so HHO will really take off

alpha-dog
02-07-2009, 10:55 PM
I don't see your pole, but to answer your question - no. It seems more likely that 2010 or 2011 when inflation starts to hit from all the ballout that gas prices will go up.

Q-Hack!
02-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Eventually, yes... this year... probably not.

Gary Diamond
02-07-2009, 11:03 PM
I don't see your pole, but to answer your question - no. It seems more likely that 2010 or 2011 when inflation starts to hit from all the ballout that gas prices will go up.

I tried to do a poll but could not find the right buttons to push, can you help me, thanks Gary

Painless
02-07-2009, 11:36 PM
I, for one, am glad I can't see Gary's pole... after all, this is a clean, family forum.

hg2
02-08-2009, 05:59 AM
It's the same as an asteroid hitting the earth,it's not a question of IF,it's a question of WHEN

What a depressing poll.

alpha-dog
02-08-2009, 12:56 PM
DOOM DOOM DOOM
If I didn't enjoy living so much I'd kill myself

Gary Diamond
02-09-2009, 10:36 PM
I hope it does go up. If it didn't go up the last time this board would not have any users "necessity is the mother of invention HHO"

Oil prices fall despite OPEC project postponements (http://www.570news.com/news/business/article.jsp?content=b0209149A)

Dave Nowlin
02-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Why would anyone be so selfish as to hope oil prices go back up? We are all living in a suffering economy with many people out of work. Many others have had their hours cut and are barely getting by. How does oil prices going up help those people? How does it really help any of us? Think before you wish these types of things on others.

Dave Nowlin

abe58
02-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Help me out with this. Before the election (under pressure) Bush lifted the off shore drilling ban.The prices went down almost over night. After the election O-boma put them back on. Now the prices are going back up. I WONDER WHY.

Gary Diamond
02-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Why would anyone be so selfish as to hope oil prices go back up? We are all living in a suffering economy with many people out of work. Many others have had their hours cut and are barely getting by. How does oil prices going up help those people? How does it really help any of us? Think before you wish these types of things on others.

Dave Nowlin

First I don't want to get banned from this board. And to answer your question it will force me to talk about things which may upset you, and others here, which is not my intent. The oil giants want the price to go up, Wall Street would love it too, and there is no real reason it should go up.

Oh if it does and it will go up when the first camel farts, and a oil well blows up, on the other side of our planet. This is what I’m hoping for and feel will happen. When we hit that magic number which I feel is $3.00 Obama yes Obama who does not have the oil ties like our last President did, and who also filled up the national oil reserves back in June when oil peaked (smart) will open up a whole new field for us of alternative energy. SUCH AS GROWING OUR OWN OIL FROM ALGAE AND EVEN TAKING OUR HARD WORK TO A NEW LEVEL forcing MIT to help out

I also feel Stan Meyers had something (sure I’m nuts) but why not see if he really did have something. It would not take a lot of money for our government to find out.

But nothing is going to happen until the prices go back up to $3.00

Did anyone notice food and a ton of other things went up in price when gas prices when up, but they never came down again

Gary Diamond

Gary Diamond
02-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Help me out with this. Before the election (under pressure) Bush lifted the off shore drilling ban.The prices went down almost over night. After the election O-boma put them back on. Now the prices are going back up. I WONDER WHY.

Oil prices always go down for the election, has been this way for 8 years if you need a link, ask

Drilling off shore can only work if oil is over $130 a barrel, if it cost more to pull the oil out, then you can sell it for, they won't do it.

Deep waters, means deep money pockets nothing can be done about it.

Again we can grow our own oil cheaper, just think once all the oil came from whales, we moved on, its time to move on again

Gary Diamond

Dave Nowlin
02-15-2009, 02:14 AM
But as you so adeptly pointed out food prices and the price for almost everything we use will go up when oil goes up. Why? All these things are transported by truck, train or boat. All of these modes of transportation rely on petroleum. Everyone is hurt when these prices go up but the poor, the unemployed and the elderly who live on fixed incomes will be hurt the worst. For this reason, even though I believe these prices will all go back up, I can't possibly want these things to happen. I don't glory in the sufferings of others and hope you don't either.

Dave Nowlin

Q-Hack!
02-15-2009, 10:47 AM
But as you so adeptly pointed out food prices and the price for almost everything we use will go up when oil goes up. Why? All these things are transported by truck, train or boat. All of these modes of transportation rely on petroleum. Everyone is hurt when these prices go up but the poor, the unemployed and the elderly who live on fixed incomes will be hurt the worst. For this reason, even though I believe these prices will all go back up, I can't possibly want these things to happen. I don't glory in the sufferings of others and hope you don't either.

Dave Nowlin

Yep, that is the double edge of the sword...

You only get your best innovation when society is at its biggest need. Whether that be war or famine, somebody ends up paying the price.

Gary Diamond
02-15-2009, 11:36 AM

Dave Nowlin

No Dave I don't, far from it.

But Dave we do have a way out right now, we don't need to invent anything what we need is a President with some balls to say enough, is enough, and draw a line in the sand. We are slowly being bleed to death on oil, and the weird part is the wealthy Arabs are using our money we spend on oil to fund the wacko Arabs who want to hurt us.

The USA should not have to kiss the rich Arabs for their oil, and have to beg, please don't raise your price, because it could hurt us, bull sh#t its time to tell them to stick the oil up their $#%.

Please check out this video link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyoKTbxerpQ)

Q-Hack!
02-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Please check out this video link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyoKTbxerpQ)

I have always thought that algae would be the one that wins out of all the plant based fuels. I am starting to believe it is a better answer than the HHO that we are playing with. Though I still enjoy the garage scientist aspect of it. I think HHO is better suited to welding torches and cutters. I am also curious about the home heating aspect of HHO. I haven't had much luck with my gas mileage, but that doesn't mean that the technology is useless.

Gary Diamond
02-15-2009, 02:54 PM
I have always thought that algae would be the one that wins out of all the plant based fuels. I am starting to believe it is a better answer than the HHO that we are playing with. Though I still enjoy the garage scientist aspect of it. I think HHO is better suited to welding torches and cutters. I am also curious about the home heating aspect of HHO. I haven't had much luck with my gas mileage, but that doesn't mean that the technology is useless.

No its not useless, and hopefully it will play a big part

But for now i wonder what it would take to grow enough algae to use as heating oil for our own home, it seems they can adj the algae to make different types of oil. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF FORUMS FOR ALGAE??

SmartScarecrow
02-15-2009, 03:37 PM

thank you ... I wish that more shared this view ... I see so many get discouraged and fall away over disappointment with the automotive booster application ...

stationary engines, rotary or diesel ... this is where more of the gear heads need to be concentrating their efforts ... there are immediate benefits to using either HHO boost or 100% HHO power ...

for automobiles, in the long run, methane, methanol and/or syngas/magnagas will probably turn out to be the alternative fuel winners ... there are so many environmentally friendly ways to generate these combustible materials that they really need to be promoted and worked on ... but its not the type of thing that is going to get you 100 mpg out of your existing 91 Lincoln Town Car ... sorry, but the future belongs to a new type of automobile power train that has not yet been offered commercially ...

EDIT: as soon as you start seeing the economies of the oil producing countries of the middle east start to collapse, you can be sure that your gas prices are about to sky rocket ... the current lull in oil prices is designed to bring the Arab nations to their knees ... it all about geo politics with us playing the part of pawns in battles we have no stake in ...

Gary Diamond
02-15-2009, 04:31 PM
But cheap oil (grow our own) is a win, win, for all, but big oil, and they will try their best to stop us by cutting the cost of oil so they can say why do this, oil is cheap for now, bull i say do it, even if oil is cheap, we don't need one drop of Arab oil, let them go broke they don't buy much from us anyway sure they buy wheat and grain. But if the us farmers raised their prices the arabs would be crying

SmartScarecrow
02-15-2009, 05:01 PM
But cheap oil (grow our own) is a win, win, for all, but big oil, and they will try their best to stop us by cutting the cost of oil so they can say why do this, oil is cheap for now, bull i say do it, even if oil is cheap, we don't need one drop of Arab oil, let them go broke they don't buy much from us anyway sure they buy wheat and grain. But if the us farmers raised their prices the arabs would be crying

ALL of the ethanol that is used as an additive in gasoline right now is controlled by "big oil" ... so they are already in a position to profit from such a conversion ...

the day of the small scale "family farm" is gone ... there are very few left at this point ... forced off the land by high taxes, artificially low crop prices and the allure of a popular culture based on consumerism and the titillation of who in Hollywood is sleeping with who this week ...

nearly all the agricultural production in this country today is controlled by a very few large companies, who are in turn owned and operated for the benefit of a few large financial interests ... same as with the oil companies ...

so without a pretty radical change in our own internal geo politics, us average Joe's are pretty much screwed no matter what energy source we support ... unless, its something we do for ourselves, in our own back yards, or as a local community based project ... look to India and China for how they are doing it now and have been doing it for nearly 50 years ... but I fear most Americans would rather sit in front of the TV drinking beer and watching Brittany Spears go through her latest mental melt down ...

Gary Diamond
02-15-2009, 08:45 PM
ALL of the ethanol that is used as an additive in gasoline right now is controlled by "big oil" ... so they are already in a position to profit from such a conversion ...

the day of the small scale "family farm" is gone ... there are very few left at this point ... forced off the land by high taxes, artificially low crop prices and the allure of a popular culture based on consumerism and the titillation of who in Hollywood is sleeping with who this week ...

nearly all the agricultural production in this country today is controlled by a very few large companies, who are in turn owned and operated for the benefit of a few large financial interests ... same as with the oil companies ...

so without a pretty radical change in our own internal geo politics, us average Joe's are pretty much screwed no matter what energy source we support ... unless, its something we do for ourselves, in our own back yards, or as a local community based project ... look to India and China for how they are doing it now and have been doing it for nearly 50 years ... but I fear most Americans would rather sit in front of the TV drinking beer and watching Brittany Spears go through her latest mental melt down ...

Agree the dumbing down of America, and big oil

Gary Diamond
02-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Algae-to-Biofuels

Plants such as soybeans and sunflowers produce oil, that can be used to make biofuels. Although these crops have received a lot of

media attention in the last several years, they require intensive management and may not be sustainable in the long term due to rising

development and production costs. We believe a different type of oil crop that holds great promise for the future is microalgae.

Extensive research was conducted to determine the utilization of microalgae as an energy source, with applications being developed for

biodiesel, ethanol, and bioplastics. Independent studies have demonstrated that algae is capable of producing in excess of 30 times

more oil per acre than corn and soybean crops. Biodiesel produced from algae contains no sulfur, is non-toxic and highly biodegradable.

One of the biggest advantages of biodiesel compared to many other alternative transportation fuels is that it can be used in existing

diesel engines, which relieves manufacturers of having to make costly engine modifications. Biodiesel can also be mixed, at any ratio, with

conventional petroleum diesel. As a result, the alternative fuel can be used in the current distribution infrastructure, replacing petroleum

diesel either wholly, or as a diesel fuel blend with minimal integration costs.

http://www.electricitybook.com/algae-biodiesel-2/

SmartScarecrow
02-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Algae-to-Biofuels

Plants such as soybeans and sunflowers produce oil, that can be used to make biofuels. Although these crops have received a lot of

media attention in the last several years, they require intensive management and may not be sustainable in the long term due to rising

development and production costs. We believe a different type of oil crop that holds great promise for the future is microalgae.

Extensive research was conducted to determine the utilization of microalgae as an energy source, with applications being developed for

biodiesel, ethanol, and bioplastics. Independent studies have demonstrated that algae is capable of producing in excess of 30 times

more oil per acre than corn and soybean crops. Biodiesel produced from algae contains no sulfur, is non-toxic and highly biodegradable.

One of the biggest advantages of biodiesel compared to many other alternative transportation fuels is that it can be used in existing

diesel engines, which relieves manufacturers of having to make costly engine modifications. Biodiesel can also be mixed, at any ratio, with

conventional petroleum diesel. As a result, the alternative fuel can be used in the current distribution infrastructure, replacing petroleum

diesel either wholly, or as a diesel fuel blend with minimal integration costs.

hemp is the key ... the seeds provide oil, the stalks easily convert to fiber that can be used to make cloth or good sturdy rope, the flowers ... well the flowers, uh, well that is for another forum ... any waste from the production of bio-fuels or other useful materials can be used as feed for livestock ... the plant is a no waste harvest and can grown most anywhere with little or no tending ...

but it is illegal in the US to grow the stuff ... hmmm ... wonder why ... maybe its those darn flowers ... nope, there are variants the gots no medicinal value except that consumption provides many minerals to the diet that are hard to get elsewhere ... so it must be some other very good reason why our wise and noble government would make a weed illegal ... can you say Nylon ? the Dow Chemical wonder fiber ?

so we are left with sugar beats for making ethanol, algae for making synthetic petroleum and a combination of cow poop, yeast and bacteria to make methane ... all are viable ... pick one ... or put a little effort into all of them ... they all work ...

there is also the magnagas process ... if you did a bit of research on how easy and efficient it is to make magnagas, you would cry every time you flush the toilet ... the remains of that Big Mac you just sent out to sea could power an automobile for about 30 minutes of run time ...

Gary Diamond
02-15-2009, 09:50 PM
<object width="540" height="437"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RERiMNuHC0I&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RERiMNuHC0I&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="540" height="437"></embed></object><br />via <a href="http://www.videosift.com/video/Less-known-reason-for-US-Prohibition-kill-alcohol-as-fuel" title="Less known reason for US Prohibition (kill alcohol as fuel)">videosift.com</a>

WFCollective
02-16-2009, 01:07 PM
has anyone else noticed a 20% or more decrease in mileage, w/o HHO assist? Several mechanics in N. England tell me I'm not the only one- "everyone who logs mileage has seen this" - one said it's "winter reformulation"

Gary Diamond
02-16-2009, 01:36 PM
has anyone else noticed a 20% or more decrease in mileage, w/o HHO assist? Several mechanics in N. England tell me I'm not the only one- "everyone who logs mileage has seen this" - one said it's "winter reformulation"

Maybe its just a way to make you spend 20% more