PDA

View Full Version : MAP/MAF, EFIE O2, Vacuum

HANK
02-05-2009, 11:07 AM
When hooking up a HHO kit with a fuel injection auto, my understanding is that additional components are required to ensure that the increased fuel mileage is realized?

The three different ways to ensure your vehicle reduces fuel consumption is one of these three:

- MAP/MAF sensor enhancer

- EFEIE O2 Enhancer

-Having yous HHO enter through vacuum lines

Can someone confirm that this is correct and what the pros and cons are of each option.

Thanks
HANK

H2OPWR
02-05-2009, 11:57 AM
When hooking up a HHO kit with a fuel injection auto, my understanding is that additional components are required to ensure that the increased fuel mileage is realized?

The three different ways to ensure your vehicle reduces fuel consumption is one of these three:

- MAP/MAF sensor enhancer

- EFEIE O2 Enhancer

-Having yous HHO enter through vacuum lines

Can someone confirm that this is correct and what the pros and cons are of each option.

Thanks
HANK

Hank I am not a beleiver in hooking hho to vacuum lines at all. First, any problem and the electrolite gets sucked into the engine. Second, Your car has most of its vacuum at Idle and very little under hard exceleration. Your cell when under Idle will be under somewhere north of 20 inches vacuum. When you accellerate the cell will have more vacuum momentarily than your engine stopping HHO flow all together. A MAF/MAP can help as well as O2 enhancers of some kind. There are gains to be made but bottom line is nothing will ensure improvement. All vehicles are different and all may take different mods.

Larry