PDA

View Full Version : Which is best?

Captain Charlie
01-30-2009, 09:06 AM
I am using two HHo electrolizers. My first question is, which input works better. Between the air filter and the butterfly, or directly into the manifoild?

The air intake has little or no noticable vacuum.

Second question. I chose to use stainless steel bolts instead of wire. One unit has streight bolts, the other has two eye bolts. Both are 7/16 thick.
I am using sodium hydroxide, lye-drain-o. I have added about a half tea spoon to each and am not getting as much HHO production as I think I should. Should I keep adding? Mu power source is directly from my batery, via a toggle switch.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie

Q-Hack!
01-30-2009, 12:39 PM
I am using two HHo electrolizers. My first question is, which input works better. Between the air filter and the butterfly, or directly into the manifoild?

The air intake has little or no noticable vacuum.

Second question. I chose to use stainless steel bolts instead of wire. One unit has streight bolts, the other has two eye bolts. Both are 7/16 thick.
I am using sodium hydroxide, lye-drain-o. I have added about a half tea spoon to each and am not getting as much HHO production as I think I should. Should I keep adding? Mu power source is directly from my batery, via a toggle switch.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie

When you started talking about eye-bolts and such, I just shuddered... I suggest you do a little more reading on the subject of building a generator with plates. One of the guys here put together a website that has a lot of good general info. http://www.hhoknowhow.info/

Eye-bolts don't have the surface area required for good production. Also, the voltage drop is incorrect and will cause heat build up.

As to where you should inject the HHO on the engine there are two schools of thought.
1) Injected into the air stream as close to the butterfly as possible which has little to no vacuum. Has the benefit of not creating any vacuum leaks on the engine.
2) Injected into the vacuum lines means that you will have a lower boiling point in the HHO generator. Not necessarily a good thing.

People swear by both methods. I suggest you try out both and see which gives you the better mileage. Just be cautious of where your electrolyte is... you don't want to get any sucked into the engine.

rich-green
02-02-2009, 02:59 AM
Captain Charlie:

Well Captain I'm shuttering just like Q-Hack but for another reason, while reading your post I'm getting the impression that this unit is going to be installed as you described it, If I'm right then Captain your heading strait for a big disappointment and some serious engine damage... I see no mention of any safety devices to protect your electrical system, your electrolyzing cell or you engine... You need to take some more time to research the safety issues, I just visited the site Q-Hack suggested, looking at it as most visitors would I did not see any links to anything about safety percussions nor while doing some quick clicking did is see any articles about safety devices, this should be mentioned to the webmaster of the site so he can rectify this lack of information on his site.

Now I remember years back the excitement I felt from sinking two 16 penny nails connected to a battery into a class of water and table salt and saw the tiny bubble coming off of them... So I'm not going to criticize what you want to use as conductors, just have fun with it and improve on your system from experimenting...

However it your looking to build a cell for an installation into a vehicle you might want to do some more research into hho cell technology as we have come a long way since I putt those two nails into a class of salty water,,, You'll save money, time, and be ahead of the pack by using a ready made of kit for your first install... then do your experimenting with your eyebolt cell....

Have Fun - but be safe - always wear a condom when working with chemicals... rich-green

Painless
02-02-2009, 09:07 AM
I just visited the site Q-Hack suggested, looking at it as most visitors would I did not see any links to anything about safety percussions nor while doing some quick clicking did is see any articles about safety devices, this should be mentioned to the webmaster of the site so he can rectify this lack of information on his site.

Rich,

The webmaster of that site would be me!

This is a very new site that I'm just getting off of the ground and trying to enlist help with article creation etc. Thanks for pointing out about safety, there are safety tips within some of the articles but one big article, focused on safety alone, is definitely a good suggestion.

Thanks again!

Russ.

(P.S. Welcome to the forums!)

Farmer Bobb
02-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Captain, there are so many styles and designs of generators/boosters on the web that it gets confusing. I started with a Hotsabi Booster, nice and simple, makes great gas. Move to a Smack Booster, ( I changed the design a little, worked fine) but still wasn't happy with the size of all the units. Found the Dry Cell/ Brick style generator on Utube and haven't looked back. Check out every type, build to your comfort level and have fun! Now if I could put all the designs together, make a super cell hummmmm. Bobb

Captain Charlie
02-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks guys. I solved the intake problem and am sending gas to both the air intake and the suction manifold.

Ran a test on the 94 Jeep Wrangler. Without HHO 18.5 highway. With HHO 28 mpg highway. I consider that pretty good. I did see designs of dry cells, some for sale. Both my cells use the 3/8'" eye bolts and they produce gas all day and generate no heat. I don't know how to calculate amps drawn on a dc circuit like I can on AC.

When I run the gas into a test jar to see volumn I get one bubble every 10 seconds. But the cells seem to really be perculating well. Any sugestions here re; that. Am using lye as a catalist. Seems to be working.

SO, do I need to see more bubble activity when testing in the jar of water? Or go with what I got?

I'm sorry I made you all shudder but until I get my stimulis package I wont be buying a dry cell anytime soon.

The charter business is slow in the winter.

Thanks

Charlie

clauxel
02-23-2009, 07:18 AM
hi i have been trying some experiments on a dry cell but never installed in a car i was wondering which is best to fit in a car a dry cell or wet one can some one give me some hints thanks from malta

VanHalen
02-23-2009, 10:06 PM
hi i have been trying some experiments on a dry cell but never installed in a car i was wondering which is best to fit in a car a dry cell or wet one can some one give me some hints thanks from malta

A dry cell would be smaller, easier to mount with the bolts coming from the outer end plates, if you can fabricate a simple 90 degree elbow. Just mount the reservoir above the dry cell.