PDA

View Full Version : What is current leakage?

Tundra4x4
01-29-2009, 07:39 AM
I am a college student and i am kinda studying this on the side and i have gathered a lot of information about hho cels and have even made a few and got some really success out of them. Now that i have a dry cell made up i keep hearing about current leakage and how it can affect the output production. So what is current leakage? How do i reduce it or stop it? Anyway to make my cell better on the output? I have a 21 plate dry cell that measures 3x6.
Thanks

daddymikey1975
01-29-2009, 07:59 AM
I highly recommend giving this thread a thorough read.

This will explain alot about current leakage and different methods to reduce or stop it.

http://hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=2029

H2OPWR
01-29-2009, 11:52 AM
I am a college student and i am kinda studying this on the side and i have gathered a lot of information about hho cels and have even made a few and got some really success out of them. Now that i have a dry cell made up i keep hearing about current leakage and how it can affect the output production. So what is current leakage? How do i reduce it or stop it? Anyway to make my cell better on the output? I have a 21 plate dry cell that measures 3x6.
Thanks

Current leakage is the process of the electrons jumping through the holes in the neutral plates in a dry cell. Electricity is basically lazy. It will take the path of least resistance from negative to positive. The goal is to make all the electricity pass through the actual neutral plates themselves and not through the holes. HHO takes under 2 volts to create. There for we must add neutral plates to lower the number of volts per plate gap. Any more than 2 volts is wasted as heat creating ineffeciency with the electrolosis process. All ineffeciency creates heat which is our mortal enemy. The process of adding neutral plates eliminates the possibility of an open bath type cell because current will go around all the plates and while you will make some HHO you mostly make steam. The problem with a dry cell becomes the holes that let the electrolite flow into the plate gaps and the HHO escape. I have found that blocking the holes from current leakage will get you a minimum of a 10% increase in effeciency and under identical conditions and less than half the heating.

Larry

Tundra4x4
01-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Hey HHOPWR
That is funny because i just finished watching all your videos on youtube and now i know what to do about it. Thank you for your help and hopefully i can get mine working well. And how fast does SCM email you about about the price chart? I just sent him an email about it and like to get started asap.
thanks
Seth

H2OPWR
01-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Hey HHOPWR
That is funny because i just finished watching all your videos on youtube and now i know what to do about it. Thank you for your help and hopefully i can get mine working well. And how fast does SCM email you about about the price chart? I just sent him an email about it and like to get started asap.
thanks
Seth

I have found that SCM is very responsive and his turn around time is quick. As you know from my video's I live in Alaska. From the first e-mail I sent to the time I had the plates in my hands was 1 week. Mail takes an extra day or so to get here. That included going back and forth a couple of times with the design. If you are going to try and block current leakage I do beleive a gasket design like mine helps tremendously as the gasket blocks over half of the area surrounding the hole and helps hold any material used to block current leakage in place. The gasket design requires the holes be close to the edges. I should have tests and results from my latest versions on video by the end of the weekend.

Larry