PDA

View Full Version : 6.0 Ford Powerstroke Questions

crashzilla00
01-22-2009, 09:34 PM
First off let me say that I don't know if this is in the right forum, Mods please move if need be. Secondly I have tons and tons of questions about HHO on a 6.0 Powerstroke Diesel.

-How much HHO(in LPH or LPM) is needed to see real MPG gains?

-I have heard that the Split-Shot(Pilot injection) doesn't work well with an HHO set up and that I won't experience any real gains since the injectors fire twice, is this true?

-I'd like to build my set up off of someone else's that is currently working well and go from there, but should I use a dry sump kit?

-I know that I can build one myself, but need guidance from you all here and would like to know where to start?

I've searched/lurked around on here all day and haven't really found any specifics on these questions. I'm really excited to get this going ASAP, but need to be more educated on the subject and my specific platform before I can begin. Please help.

Austin

Dave Nowlin
01-23-2009, 12:52 AM
I have an 06 Powerstroke and am going with a system built by Seigrene. It consists of a 21 plate Diamond cell (dry cell), a reservior, a scrubber, a bubbler with pop off valve, a relay, a breaker and high grade wiring. A diesel is a different kind of duck. You will probably need at least 1/2 liter of HHO per liter of displacement. Simply put at least 3 liters per minute and here is the kicker. With that kind of production you will surely have some carryover of your KOH electrolyte as well as vapor. When this passes through the intercooler and the liquid falls out of the air stream it will in time eat up your intercooler. You really need a scrubber for this reason. Most of the systems out there which claim to be for diesels don't have one. The folks at Seigrene have been very helpful and honest and I'm glad I bought from them. I had to make some minor departures from their normal sytem as I had to use a 3 quart reservior instead of a 4 quart due to space constrictions. I had custom stainless steel brackets fabricated to mount everything. My system is about as compact as can be and still serve the intended purpose. I can e-mail you pictures if that will help. There is an article in Diesel Power magazine which includes some info from Rob at Seigrene. There is an 08 Powerstroke in part of this article.

Dave Nowlin

crashzilla00
01-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Thanks Dave, is there anyone else on here that is running an HHO system on a Powerstroke Diesel?

crashzilla00
02-02-2009, 09:54 AM
So there's no one else here that is effectively running this set up so I can guesstimate what gains I'd see?