PDA

View Full Version : boom

gashead
01-22-2009, 08:43 PM
i was playing today, i was soaking my new gasket materials in pure lye ( 1/2 tsp ) in a quart jar with distilled water ( 3/4 full ). i desided to install one of my water4gas electrodes in it to give it the full effect of heat and electrolosis. after about 20 min. i heard a big bang, it took 30 minutes to find the rest of my gen. the glass stayed intack, the plastic lid with the twisted plexyglass tower went into the rafters. the tower twisted severly but the windings never touched. i was just testing the gasket material, how volital is lye, this never happened with b-soda, even when we tried to get it to blow.

H2OPWR
01-22-2009, 09:15 PM
i was playing today, i was soaking my new gasket materials in pure lye ( 1/2 tsp ) in a quart jar with distilled water ( 3/4 full ). i desided to install one of my water4gas electrodes in it to give it the full effect of heat and electrolosis. after about 20 min. i heard a big bang, it took 30 minutes to find the rest of my gen. the glass stayed intack, the plastic lid with the twisted plexyglass tower went into the rafters. the tower twisted severly but the windings never touched. i was just testing the gasket material, how volital is lye, this never happened with b-soda, even when we tried to get it to blow.

Probably was not the Lye. I am sure one of the electrical connections in your cell shorted and sparked. That is a very common occurance in a Water4Gas type cell. Another reason for a good dry cell is that ALL electrical connections are outside the cell.

Mark'sGas
01-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Can an explosion happen when hho gas mixs with another chemicals fumes without a spark?

Dave Nowlin
01-23-2009, 12:36 AM
This is a very open ended question. There are thousands of different chemical compounds each with different properties. There are many different conditions that might also be involved. What is the humidity, temperature, pressure, etc. I don't believe this question will be answered with absolute assurance.

Dave Nowlin

Q-Hack!
01-23-2009, 01:05 AM
Most explosions like this are caused by either loose or dissimilar metals in the generator. You end up with a bit of corrosion in between and it can easily spark. Every time I see a crimp connector inside the generator I have to cringe.

Mark'sGas
01-23-2009, 09:03 AM
Sorry for being to general.

HHO venting from the generator into the same area with other fumes and combineding.

Paint stripper fumes and diesel fumes from a turbo heater.

Could an explosion occur or will HHO go dorment when it hits air?

Off the subject but can someone me with the time that pops up on my post, it wrong.
It is now 9:12 AM but when I'm looking at the posted time it says that I posted at 2:09 PM.

Thanks,
Mark

coffeeachiever
01-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Sorry for being to general.

HHO venting from the generator into the same area with other fumes and combineding.

Paint stripper fumes and diesel fumes from a turbo heater.

Could an explosion occur or will HHO go dorment when it hits air?

Off the subject but can someone me with the time that pops up on my post, it wrong.
It is now 9:12 AM but when I'm looking at the posted time it says that I posted at 2:09 PM.

HHO does not go dormant when it hits the air. It can and will accumulate and explode.

You can set your time zone from the user cp (control panel) option on the top left of your screen.

Mark'sGas
01-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks Coffee,

I wasn't sure but I didn't think hho went dorment as it entered the air.

Thank for the info on the time settting.

You have a great day!
Mark

gashead
01-25-2009, 08:25 PM
HHO does not go dormant when it hits the air. It can and will accumulate and explode.

You can set your time zone from the user cp (control panel) option on the top left of your screen.

my gen did not short out from the inside. after finding it and studying it i could not get the windings to touch no matter how hard i tried to force them, im also using one way pressure valves, so there is no way the paint stripper could have gotten it the jar, i think im going back to b- soda for safety reasons, or i just might give up on this hho thing alltogether, i have seen no benefit on my truck anyways.

gashead
01-25-2009, 11:05 PM
actually that post is not fair. my truck has 241,000 miles on it, uses no oil but drinks gas. since installing hho my truck runs smoother and has more power. but gas mileage has dropped 2 mpg despite a map enhanser. ( no matter how lean i have it )

Painless
01-25-2009, 11:39 PM
actually that post is not fair. my truck has 241,000 miles on it, uses no oil but drinks gas. since installing hho my truck runs smoother and has more power. but gas mileage has dropped 2 mpg despite a map enhanser. ( no matter how lean i have it )

Ok, that post gives a lot of information as to whats happening. Once you are getting the fuller burn of HHO, you're O2 sensors are seeing the cleaner exhaust and assuming that that means there's not enough fuel being injected and riching up the mixture. It doesn't matter how far you turn that MAP sensor adjuster, the O2's are going to have the last word.

What you need is an EFIE. Install one with the MAP switched off and adjust it slowly until you get some average gains, then work on the MAP enhancer to see where you can take it from there.

I cannot recommend enough that you install an exhaust gas temperature gauge, over leaning can cause engine damage if taken too far and an EGT is your best defense against that. Weigh the $100 odd cost of the EGT against a full head and valve rebuild.

Hope this gives you some direction.

Russ.

gashead
01-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Ok, that post gives a lot of information as to whats happening. Once you are getting the fuller burn of HHO, you're O2 sensors are seeing the cleaner exhaust and assuming that that means there's not enough fuel being injected and riching up the mixture. It doesn't matter how far you turn that MAP sensor adjuster, the O2's are going to have the last word.

What you need is an EFIE. Install one with the MAP switched off and adjust it slowly until you get some average gains, then work on the MAP enhancer to see where you can take it from there.

I cannot recommend enough that you install an exhaust gas temperature gauge, over leaning can cause engine damage if taken too far and an EGT is your best defense against that. Weigh the $100 odd cost of the EGT against a full head and valve rebuild.

Hope this gives you some direction.

Russ.

i agree 100% ive tried asking shane jackson if his efies will work, on my truck but haven't gotten a response yet, im in the middle of building a dry cell and restoring 2 vehicles, i dont have time to research and build an efie for my o2 sensor

hg2
01-26-2009, 02:04 AM
i agree 100% ive tried asking shane jackson if his efies will work, on my truck but haven't gotten a response yet, im in the middle of building a dry cell and restoring 2 vehicles, i dont have time to research and build an efie for my o2 sensor

Gashead you will need to check your voltage on the signal wire on the O2s to determine what type O2s you have have.Some have wideband which take a different efie than the narrowband ones.You will also need a dual efie if you have 2 precat O2s.

Mark'sGas
01-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Would the o2 be the same for all Ford EFI 4.9 inline 6 engine? (pre OBD II car)

hg2
01-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Would the o2 be the same for all Ford EFI 4.9 inline 6 engine? (pre OBD II car)

What year?