PDA

View Full Version : Dry cell for a 4 cylinder engine

clauxel
01-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi i have been experimenting with dry cell and i cant find the right set up for my car 1.3 liter engine 4 cylinder how much plates shall i use and how many - , n and + shal i do my best set up i think is with a 13 plate dry cell +nn-nn+nn-nn+ ithink this is the best one is their any one who tried a dry cell on a small engine with this set up thanks and wat kind of electrolyte to use

redrat100
01-30-2009, 12:26 PM
I have been doing the same thing at the recommendation of the forum mentors here. I cannibalized the parts from the Gas4Free wet cells I built to piece together something similar to Painless' wall plate unit shown on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrovCAzg_kY

My 316 SS plates are a bit smaller than a wall plate. Spaced with 1/16 cork gaskets. No leaks with a +nnnnn-nnnnn+ arrangement. It got up to 100 ml per minute with 14 tsp NaOH (lye) per liter when the housing developed a crack and a bad leak. I am rebuilding now to a +nnnnn-nnnnn+nnnnn-nnnnn+ to try to get as close to 2 lpm as I can. I read that the cell needs to put out as much volume as your engine's displacement. I have a 2.0 4 cylinder so I want 2 lpm gas.