PDA

View Full Version : HHO and Motorcycles

HomeBrewHHO
01-15-2009, 12:40 PM
I would like to install my dry cell on a motorcycle. I have seen the smack cell motorcycle setup but am looking for other ideas as well. Has anyone attempted this with success and documented it?

Q-Hack!
01-15-2009, 04:10 PM
I would like to install my dry cell on a motorcycle. I have seen the smack cell motorcycle setup but am looking for other ideas as well. Has anyone attempted this with success and documented it?

Maybe someday... unfortunately, My 1.75L Yamaha Road Star Warrior has a bigger engine than my 1.6L Honda Civic. With less space to stick said HHO unit. I will definitely need to work out all the bugs on the Honda first.

redneck323
01-25-2009, 09:25 AM
my concern with that is that most motorcycles dont have alternators they usually have some sort of stator setup which usually isnt capable of much more current draw than the normal loads from ignition, lights, etc... so if ya do check into your bikes charging system output and run your cell accordingly

swalker5906
05-27-2011, 12:08 AM
Hey all...noob here:

I'd like to bring this one back to life. I've got a 87 Suzuki GS450L I'm considering HHO for. Everything I've read so far has suggested changing all of the filament type bulbs for LED's and seeing if that will free up the amps needed. There is a guy on YouTube that did it with a rather basic, rather simplistic steel water bottle and long threaded rod...said he's getting about 40MPG VS 30 without...I'm thinking a real system might be able to increase on that a fair little bit or at least I'd be interested in finding out.

I'd like to hear thoughts on extra heat produced by running one of these systems. The bike is air cooled...

Seeing as I haven't quite managed to complete a standard rebuild of the thing, this is a bit down the road yet...

koya1893
05-27-2011, 06:36 PM
http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=6962

The link above is what I shared showing the system I am currently running and installed on several Harley Davidson and Honda shadow, currently fabricating a reservoir countouring to the Goldwing fairing, once I've develope the reservoir for them the rest should be easy, installing the cell and completing the wiring of the system and the EFIE. I am controlling the two O2 sensor on my bike with a digital EFIE

Grandpa's Speedshop
05-30-2011, 04:36 PM
http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=6962

The link above is what I shared showing the system I am currently running and installed on several Harley Davidson and Honda shadow, currently fabricating a reservoir countouring to the Goldwing fairing, once I've develope the reservoir for them the rest should be easy, installing the cell and completing the wiring of the system and the EFIE. I am controlling the two O2 sensor on my bike with a digital EFIE

Any one with a bike need to save this thread. Great work Chief.:cool: