PDA

View Full Version : injecting HHO?

jcbarton
01-12-2009, 05:20 PM
I have my HHO injecting into the top of the weber carb and also I T'd it into the pcv. I have been reading lately that some people do not recommend t'ing into the pcv. Why is this? If so should I just disconnect the pcv and only run it into the top of the air cleaner on the carb? Where is the best place to inject? Some people say only vacuum but where is an ideal/safe vacuum located?? I have an 87 wrangler w/ 4.2 straight 6. I am producing about 1.2 lpm at around 20 amps. Thanks

Captain Charlie
01-14-2009, 01:59 PM
I have a 94 wrangler 6cyl. I am running presently one single jar. It's going into the carb, right next to the carb, after the air filter.
My problem is I cant see it bubble from suction when Im driving 'cuz the hood is closed, and sitting still the vacuum is low.

I'm also trying to see how much sodium hydrozide to use in a gallon of water.

Any answers?

Thanks,

Charlie

jcbarton
01-14-2009, 04:15 PM
most people start with about 1.5-2 teaspoons of Naoh per gallon and take an amp measurement ang go from there. You cannot see what bubble, the generator or the bubbler? There still should be enough suction even at idling to take in some HHo. From my understanding not much is needed to improve mpg. Hope this helps.

Captain Charlie
02-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Since I last posted on this thread I have changed to two jarr HHO cells. I'm using six inch long SS 3/8" eye bolts that seem to be working fine.
I'm not using a bubbler becaue I was told a 4' long tube and a check valve will take care of any flkash backs. Right or wrong?

I would prefer to inject the HHO only into the air intake, after the filter. However I am sending gas to the intake manifold and the air intake. Any suggestions here?

Thanks for all the advice.

Charlie

jcbarton
02-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Who are you getting your info from? If it is hydrogenfrog.com or an ebay seller of a "model 14a" I would not take advice from them anymore, they don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground. What electrolyte are you using? You do need a bubbler. The bubbler not only prevents flashback but also filter out any residue from your electrolyte. Don't use baking soda, buy naoh or koh. If any residue gets into the engine it will cause major damage. I would also recommend that you research a better designed cell, there are may designs on this forum. I am a beginner too, it is a learning process. Good luck!

jcbarton
02-10-2009, 01:30 PM
By the way, I have been told to only inject into the air intake (after the filter).

jcbarton
02-10-2009, 01:36 PM
I keep forgetting stuff, sorry. You probably will need a MAP sensor once you get your system ready. When injecting HHO into a Fuel injected vehicle it will read the HHO as running too lean and may inject more gasoline to compensate. The MAP will lean out the gas to let it run more on HHO. I have the MAP sensor you need (I have a wrangler as well). If you want one please contact me. Thanks