PDA

View Full Version : Explosions

Michaeljp86
01-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Anyone ever have any explosions? Ive had alot but most were small, 2 made me loose my hearing for a while. The last explosion almost blew my hand off. I have a nice bubble now :D

coffeeachiever
01-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Anyone ever have any explosions? Ive had alot but most were small, 2 made me loose my hearing for a while. The last explosion almost blew my hand off. I have a nice bubble now :D

I work on an ambulance, so I pick up people like you. I've learned from others to be very careful. Safety first.
I would like to do some controlled explosions though.

Michaeljp86
01-11-2009, 02:37 PM
I work on an ambulance, so I pick up people like you. I've learned from others to be very careful. Safety first.
I would like to do some controlled explosions though.

I was trying to run a engine on it and it sounded like it was wanting to start and I put my finger on a breather hole in the cell I had. As soon as I blocked the hole POP. I never seen pvc come apart like that. I dont do that anymore, now Im careful.

Q-Hack!
01-11-2009, 02:49 PM
About 6 months ago, I was trying to build an HHO torch. I was using course steel wool as my spark arrestor (supposed to use fine bronze wool). Luckily, I had my bubbler with a safety device like the kind zerofossilfuel uses. It was quite loud; my neighbours almost called the cops.

daddymikey1975
01-11-2009, 02:56 PM
you guys crack me up.. AND you're nuts HAHA...

safety first...safety first... lol

Painless
01-11-2009, 04:29 PM
I think I already shared this one, but here goes...

I lit the foam in the top of my reservoir after I turned the cell off (this was in the kitchen). My wifes dog, a pikinese, **** herself (literally), wasn't fun to clean up!

coffeeachiever
01-11-2009, 04:34 PM
I think I already shared this one, but here goes...

I lit the foam in the top of my reservoir after I turned the cell off (this was in the kitchen). My wifes dog, a pikinese, **** herself (literally), wasn't fun to clean up!

At least it wasn't a Great Dane.LOL.

Michaeljp86
01-11-2009, 06:13 PM
I filled a ballon once and put about 3ft of masking tape on it and lit the tape on fire and let it float away. I need a weather balloon, that would be way better.

shiby
01-12-2009, 02:07 AM
to prevent explosion use ss strapping not wires to handle the heat, and putting your connections under water helps. on the hho generator or the bubbler put a one way spring valve ( not connected to any hoses) so if u get excessive pressure or a explosion it will be released through the one way spring valve.

Michaeljp86
01-12-2009, 11:26 AM
to prevent explosion use ss strapping not wires to handle the heat, and putting your connections under water helps. on the hho generator or the bubbler put a one way spring valve ( not connected to any hoses) so if u get excessive pressure or a explosion it will be released through the one way spring valve.

I did sortof the same but I had a threaded hole for 1/2" pipe and I just used a hot glue gun and glued a piece of plastic in it. It doesnt take much to pop it off.