PDA

View Full Version : How much vacuum

Captain Charlie
01-07-2009, 07:28 AM
I'm installing a HHO cell on my 1994 Jeep Wrangler. I intend to use the air intake, between the filter and engine. (unless you sugest a better place).
When the engine is running I really can't feel any suction at the fitting I inserted for the HHO line. Exactly how obvious should the suction be?

Thanks

Charlie

Painless
01-07-2009, 08:37 AM
You most likely won't, but as long as your cell is producing there will be pressure and the HHO will find its own way into the engine.

A better place for your delivery tube is right up against the throttle body butterfly.

Russ.

Captain Charlie
01-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Thanks Russ,

I have it installed just above the throttle intake.

Now as far as pressure, in the jar, the one way check valve is open to the outside. To releive pressure if it occures.

Also, should I be able to see bubbles when the out put hose is inserted in a jar of water, the electrolizer is running? Mine does not.

I'm new at this and just learning. By the way, have you seen the one some one is selling on Ebay, using one stainless bolt (pos), and one galvanized (neg) bolt. On the galvanized bolt he has 8 galv. washers with galv nuts and likewise , and on the stainless he has 7 stainless washers.

Just curious if that is a good arrangement and are bolts better than wire?

Thanks,

Charlie

Painless
01-07-2009, 03:45 PM
To be frankly honest with you, any electrolyser using nuts and bolts or wire I would certainly steer clear of. The best type of cell is a dry cell, followed (or I should say, lagged behind by) an open bath design with plates. There are many electrolysers available all over ebay and the rest of the net, my advice is don't waste your money as 90% of them are snake oil and either won't produce well enough to help or are simply glorified steam creators. This website contains a wealth of information and knowledgeable people that can help you build your own cell with limited facilities and / or budget. My thread contains the plans for a dry cell made from parts exclusively from Lowes that can be set to produce over 2 LPM.

If your output hose is not making bubbles then something is wrong and you most likely have a leak, how do you have your check valve oriented? Is it set up so one could create pressure inside the cell and it would allow that pressure out? If so, there lies your problem. Most likely, your HHO is ending up outside the check valve. There is a lot of pressure to be overcome when bubbling into water, the check valve will be the easiest option for the gas.

If this isn't the case, then it may be that your cell simply isn't producing enough HHO to overcome the bubbler pressure, however, with a good seal all around the entire system this shouldn't be an issue.

A better use for your check valve would be the other way around, so that air could enter the cell but not leave by it. This will allow the pressure to be equalised after the cell heats up and then cools down again.

Captain Charlie
01-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Thanks Russ,

I watched the video via your link. It's very interesting but leaves me in the dark. I tried to guess how to finish building it, and what do the three middle plates do and how. Is there a finoished product that I could see like that?

Building it would be easy for me, but I need to see how one is finished.

Thanks,

Charlie