PDA

View Full Version : The Sun and OU

BoyntonStu
01-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Our lives depend upon the nuclear fusion process that powers our sun.

Unfortunately for us, there is no OU up there and the sun will eventually burn out.

To consider that you can achieve OU is the ultimate in false enthusiasm.

To believe that you can get perpetual motion and create energy more efficiently than the Sun takes Science Fiction to a new level.

ASMOF I have read quite a bit of Science Fiction stories and I have never seen OU mentioned.

Considering beating the Sun with OU?

That is exactly what OU'ers are attempting.

BoyntonStu

coffeeachiever
01-04-2009, 10:35 AM
OU means that more energy is gotten out of something than is put in to get that energy. As has been stated before, energy is not used up, it is transfered.
Is it stealing energy? It could be looked at that way, but it's not really. All were talking about is using a small amount of energy to trigger an action that releases more than we put in. That is not a far out concept.
There is a lot of matter that stores a lot of energy. Were talking about causing a reaction that makes said matter release that energy. To say that it is impossible is short sighted and self defeating.
I am on a quest for OU and I will not be discouraged.

With Respect,

daddymikey1975
01-04-2009, 11:13 AM
I am on a quest for OU and I will not be discouraged.

With Respect,

Coffee do some research on Conservation of Momentum.. specifically angular as opposed to linear (momentum) this may help you on your endeavor.

mike

coffeeachiever
01-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Coffee do some research on Conservation of Momentum.. specifically angular as opposed to linear (momentum) this may help you on your endeavor.

mike

Thanks Mike. I'll do that.

Painless
01-04-2009, 02:47 PM
The sun is one of those things that we take for granted, yet to study it and its processes is fascinating.

Did you know that the suns core is so dense that heat and light generated at the core takes 11 years to reach the outer surface of the sun and light / heat our solar system?

Comprehending that kind of density you can begin to fathom how the sun has enough hydrogen fuel to burn for its predicted lifetime. Its eventual collapse of all that mass into a black dwarf the size of a small moon will yield the densest material we are likely to ever encounter.

There is so much good science around us in our environment and nature that we can still learn much from and gives us new trains of thought for the scientific future.

Russ.

BoyntonStu
01-04-2009, 03:18 PM
The sun is one of those things that we take for granted, yet to study it and its processes is fascinating.

Did you know that the suns core is so dense that heat and light generated at the core takes 11 years to reach the outer surface of the sun and light / heat our solar system?

Comprehending that kind of density you can begin to fathom how the sun has enough hydrogen fuel to burn for its predicted lifetime. Its eventual collapse of all that mass into a black dwarf the size of a small moon will yield the densest material we are likely to ever encounter.

There is so much good science around us in our environment and nature that we can still learn much from and gives us new trains of thought for the scientific future.

Russ.

Russ,

Yes indeed.

A lot of time, effort, calculations, and measurement went into:

Heat and light generated at the core takes 11 years to reach the outer surface of the sun and light / heat our solar system.

Perhaps some folks working in their garage think that they can speed up the process by making it work OU.

What I can't figure out is why so many folks find it so easy to ignore well verified scientific evidence?

BoyntonStu

daddymikey1975
01-04-2009, 03:21 PM
What I can't figure out is why so many folks find it so easy to ignore well verified scientific evidence?

BoyntonStu

it's just as easy to ignore the government's propaganda and do some research for myself isn't it?? or ignore the police officer's demands when I know they're illegal/unconstitutional?? or ignore the buses that will eventually be taking us to the FEMA camps??

isn't ignorance bliss?? :D

coffeeachiever
01-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Thank you again Mike.

BoyntonStu
01-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Thank you again Mike.

If you guys can equate Science with Government, I can see why you are confused.

Government knows squat about Science.

Look at the Ethanol mess that government go us into.

BoyntonStu

Don't some religions offer Eternal Bliss (ignorance)?

daddymikey1975
01-04-2009, 03:54 PM
I wasn't associating the gov't's association with science... merely their propaganda in general on any topic.

I hope this helps
mike

BoyntonStu
01-04-2009, 10:55 PM
"As has been stated before, energy is not used up, it is transfered.
Is it stealing energy? It could be looked at that way, but it's not really."

A pound of water has 2/3 pounds of hydrogen.

Let's assume that 2/3 pounds oh Hydrogen when ignited along with 1/3 pound of Oxygen will burn and yield 1,000 Watt Hours of energy.

If you could gassify the hydrogen using 1,500 Watt hours of electricity and then burn it all you would be able to measure the Watt hours that it produces. Again, it will be 1,000 Watt hours.

Can you obtain more calories from a pound of water than are in the water to begin with? Of course not.

Can you unburn the water using electrolysis with less energy used to make it?

Of course not. That would be OU.

BoyntonStu

Dave Nowlin
01-05-2009, 12:52 AM
These arguements are pointless. Faith in God is just that. Faith. We can't fully understand God but we do accept Him on faith. More than once I believe I have caught Stu accusing those who have faith in God of being stupid. That is both insulting and intolerant. I don't believe in OU but that is where my agreement with him ends. I don't agree that it is O.K. for him to talk down to the members of this forum or to insult the faith of those who have faith in God. While I am a Christian out of respect for other members of the forum who may not be, I won't debate this subject on this forum.

Dave Nowlin

H2OPWR
01-05-2009, 01:12 AM
As far as we are concerned the Sun is over Unity. By the time the sun burns out we will be long dead and life on earth will cease to exist as well as overunity debates. This is pointless.

Cadillac
01-05-2009, 04:30 AM
BoyntonStu you seem to realize that over unity would break the laws of conservation and/or thermodynamics so why keep talking about it other then to point this out?

It would seem as though you have achieved over unity with this topic.

jriggs_18
01-05-2009, 06:19 AM
I dont think Stu is going to stop this one until he has convinced every one of us to agree with him. OK stu u win :rolleyes:

BoyntonStu
01-05-2009, 08:04 AM
BoyntonStu you seem to realize that over unity would break the laws of conservation and/or thermodynamics so why keep talking about it other then to point this out?

If Hydroxy is to gain public acceptance and not be thought of as a money making scam, we have to act within the laws of conservation and/or thermodynamics. If we do not, and if we claim OU, we will be laughed at as tin foiled hatters.

I know from measured data that the generation of Hydroxy can help our society because it increases MPG and it cleans the exhaust.

I hope to educate about science and I attempt to explain why OU is a foolish notion that should be abandoned.

The very notion of ignorant people calling a person stupid with nothing but "faith" as their argument shows exactly where the problem lies.

Do you have to be a "believer" for Hydroxy to work?

BoyntonStu

daddymikey1975
01-05-2009, 08:31 AM
I dont think Stu is going to stop this one until he has convinced every one of us to agree with him. OK stu u win :rolleyes:

I'm amazed you gave it up that easily LOL...

Yes Stu, I needed to prove to myself that Hydroxy works. I did not believe the naysayers that said it won't, I did not take anyone's word for it that it does.

I had to prove to myself that it does.

I see nothing wrong with an individual pursuing that which he/she must find to satisfy their own curiosities. It is this pursuing that unveils new discoveries.

SO FAR I have not seen anyone on here claim that we have achieved OU, have you?? I've seen arguments (valid ones) both ways.. some say it can't exist, other's say it COULD exist... let those that feel that it could pursue their own experiments in their own way. Help those by answering questions intelligently and offering advice where warranted..

if you can't respect others' opinions no matter how ridiculous they may seem to YOU then just stop posting.

seems rather simple an idea doesn't it??

of course, the only one that can claim that they've achieved OU is Stu (how ironic huh?)

he has done this by putting in very little (argumentative) energy and gotten TONS of typing energy out of it from all of us... HAHA.. now if we could harness this energy from all the typing and redirect it to the grocer, he could make lotsa lettuce :D

mike

overtaker
01-05-2009, 08:46 AM
The earth is flat. Men will never fly. ( snicker...snicker... look at those two brothers ) Scientific laws will always have to be rewritten. You, I'm sure, have achieved OU while attending a family gathering. More energy out then in....YES. The energy in..... beans. The energy out...... gas. And since it is OU..... The extra energy out...... The scattering of little children. :D

BoyntonStu
01-05-2009, 09:11 AM
The earth is flat. Men will never fly. ( snicker...snicker... look at those two brothers ) Scientific laws will always have to be rewritten. You, I'm sure, have achieved OU while attending a family gathering. More energy out then in....YES. The energy in..... beans. The energy out...... gas. And since it is OU..... The extra energy out...... The scattering of little children. :D

Galileo was put in prison for telling the Catholic Church what he observed through his telescope. It took 450 years for an apology.

I say that man will never fly.

Birds and bats fly, even some squirrels can glide.

I have never seen a man fly, have you?

Men go aloft in a device that can fly. A balloon, a glider, or an airplane.

Is it possible for men to fly?

As possible as achieving OU.

BoyntonStu

Carolinablue
01-05-2009, 01:14 PM
I've always heard that scientifically bumble bees aren't supposed to fly, but they do because no one told them they couldn't.
As far as science goes, that's always been my favorite subject, but I'm also open minded enough and have enough common sense to know that most of our so called laws of physics came about from theories. After theories our kept around and not disproven for some time they become laws. There have been quiet a few theories to be disproven and most likely some so called laws, but you want hear much about those. Our laws of physics, I think hinder our thinking and corrode out imagination to expand and broaden our thoughts.
There is so much in this universe we do not understand and it is our scientific arrogance that's keeping us in the dark. This is my opinion and I'm entideled it.

BoyntonStu
01-05-2009, 01:37 PM
I've always heard that scientifically bumble bees aren't supposed to fly, but they do because no one told them they couldn't.
As far as science goes, that's always been my favorite subject, but I'm also open minded enough and have enough common sense to know that most of our so called laws of physics came about from theories. After theories our kept around and not disproven for some time they become laws. There have been quiet a few theories to be disproven and most likely some so called laws, but you want hear much about those. Our laws of physics, I think hinder our thinking and corrode out imagination to expand and broaden our thoughts.
There is so much in this universe we do not understand and it is our scientific arrogance that's keeping us in the dark. This is my opinion and I'm entideled it.

You heard it wrong.

Scientists saw bumble bees saw fly, and they never doubted that they could.

However their calculations did not include all the parameters necessary to explain why they fly. The solution to the calculation has been recently found.

Can man fly?

BoyntonStu

P.S. Why do angels have wings?

Q-Hack!
01-05-2009, 02:19 PM
I have been watching Stu and Coffee battle this out for weeks now... As I see it they have different views of the same concept, just different definitions of OU.

Stu believes that OU is impossible because you can't get more energy out of something than you put in. This is science 101.

Coffee believes that you can transfer types of energy. You can get more of one type than you put in of another.

However, transfer of energy is not over unity. You are still left with the same amount of energy just in different forms. Even nuclear fusion is just a transfer of energy and not over unity. There is a difference.

I should remind you all that; pseudo-science is where you believe your theory so much that you will ignore data that proves otherwise. A true scientist will look at the data and realize that his theory was incorrect and change his view of how the world works.

jriggs_18
01-05-2009, 02:28 PM
I should remind you all that; pseudo-science is where you believe your theory so much that you will ignore data that proves otherwise. A true scientist will look at the data and realize that his theory was incorrect and change his view of how the world works.

psuedo-science is also considered theorys or beliefs that lack the credibility of the scientific community. If someone is trying to achieve OU but cant are they not dabbling in pseudo-science?

Trying to get OU hasnt been done, but attempting it shouldnt be considered pseudoscience although it is thought to be by many. Just because it hasnt been done doesnt mean it cant happen...

A true scientist will recognize that the attempt they made failed and will try again or give up....

Q-Hack!
01-05-2009, 02:41 PM
psuedo-science is also considered theorys or beliefs that lack the credibility of the scientific community. If someone is trying to achieve OU but cant are they not dabbling in pseudo-science?

Trying to get OU hasnt been done, but attempting it shouldnt be considered pseudoscience although it is thought to be by many. Just because it hasnt been done doesnt mean it cant happen...

A true scientist will recognize that the attempt they made failed and will try again or give up....

The concept of OU has been tested throughout history by many scientist. There are many examples of the impossibility of OU. There are zero examples of its possibility. I am all for challenging the establishment, however such a basic notion as OU does put you in the realm of psuedo-science. I think Adam Savage said it best: "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Painless
01-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Here's one example of physics that neither of you can dispute, but seem to be ignoring here:

"When the irresistable force meets the unmovable object, neither wins."

Unless one of you changes your mind, the tennis game will just continue.

Dave Nowlin
01-06-2009, 01:35 AM
There is no more energy in the universe today than there was when God created the earth. Some of it is in different forms today due to man's manipulation. There is no more water today than there was then either, some of it is in a different form. i.e. when ice melts you have water. Truly they are both water in different states. God has the power to create. We have the power to manipulate.

Dave Nowlin

jriggs_18
01-06-2009, 06:08 AM
"Unless one of you changes your mind, the tennis game will just continue."

Youre right, Im done having it out with him. He can think what he want, and I can think what I want, we both have that right.

"I think Adam Savage said it best: "I reject your reality and substitute my own.""

I thought of that very thing when I was typing your reply yesterday. LOL