PDA

View Full Version : MMW calculator with efficiency by temp, barometric pressure etc

Painless
01-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Found this from another forum:

http://aquauto.com/blogs/nickstone/mmw-calculator

This calculator takes the local barometric pressure and includes temperature to show not only your MMW, but your efficiency rating as according to Faraday.

Worth a look and a good poke around with.

H2OPWR
01-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Nice find Russ. I am not positive but I thought Hydrogen molecules were half the size of Oxygen. When reading through how he came up with 100% Faraday he references litres of Hydrogen and Litres of oxygen like their would be twice as much hydrogen actual volume measured as oxygen volume. Maybe I am confused but I do not think that is the case. Also every time I put in my last few test results it says I am over 100% Fariday. I thought 100% was just under 9.3MMW. Even if the Fariday measurement is not right the ease of use along with the barametric pressure, Temp, ETC. taken in to affect would give everyone one constant number to work with and make all the compensations. Working to improve under correct knowledge is everything and keeps all of us from chasing our tail's

Painless
01-02-2009, 07:25 PM
I have to agree that there might be something fishy with this calculator, I input some previous results from my cell that resulted, correctly, in a 6.4 ish MMW and it insisted that I was in excess of 100% faraday!!!

I have to say that I am very happy about so generous a comment to my work, but fear that it is not accurate.