PDA

View Full Version : Pumped Dry cell circulation

jriggs_18
01-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Has anyone built a pumped dry cell that has both fittings on one side without using the refill tube method?

I built a couple and the reason I use the fittings on one side is for space saving, what i did was divided the cell by leaving a 1/4" horizontal strip of gasket material in the middle so that e-lyte has to flow to the back of the cell and then up to the top portion of the cell. The gasket in the back doesnt have the divider so it allows the elyte to get up to the top half of the cell. Has anyone done anything similar to this with good results?

Dave Nowlin
01-02-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm curious about what you have posted. If I understand correctly you have a 1/4 in wide band of gasket material which runs horizontally across the plate from one side to the other thereby segregating the bottom portion of the plate from the top. There are typically 2 holes in each plate to allow circulation of electrolyte. One is at the top of the plate and the other is at the bottom. Now here is where I see the problem, the HHO gas rises and will rise until it reaches the hole in the top portion and can then be pumped out but in the bottom section it will rise until it reaches the gasket and can go no further. It will then expand until it pushes the liquid out and finally expands downward enough to exit the plate through the hole at the bottom. If my thoughts are correct, the bottom portion of each plate once the liquid has been displaced, will be operating without liquid. I can't really see how this will help HHO production and it seems the bottom portion of each plate will be hotter than the top which is cooled by liquid flow.

Dave Nowlin

jriggs_18
01-02-2009, 11:38 AM
But the cell will constantly have elyte pumped into the bottom portion forcing the gas to make its way to the top part and the out the output. I will try to get some pictures up

The key is the pump keeping elyte going into the cell so that it stays full of water and the water will carry the gas out

Dave Nowlin
01-02-2009, 12:00 PM
I know that you will be able to pump electrolyte through the bottom holes all the way to the far side of the cell where there is no partition and that then it can go up to the holes across the top and fill the top portion of your cell. I get that. What I don't understand is how you keep the rising HHO bubbles from displacing liquid away from the top portion of the bottom partition of each plate. This is really no different then people inverting a bottle full of liquid in a tub of liquid and then inseting a hose and timing how long it takes to displace the liquid. This is a way commonly used to measure HHO production. The same thing should happen in your cell.

Dave Nowlin

jriggs_18
01-02-2009, 12:40 PM
The pump is a 3 GPM, that cell hold maybe 20oz of water. I think the flow will keep the entire bottom cavity. Oops, I forgot to mention that the holes are zig-zagged through the cell so that elyte must weave its way through the plate cavities, the holes are in the upper corner on each end in each partition

Each inner plates are staggered so flow goes through all parts of the cell

Dave Nowlin
01-02-2009, 01:37 PM
I see what you are doing now. You will be sweeping the upper portion of eah partition with liquid. You won't however have flow coming from the bottom and going to the top sweeping across each plate and helping to cool it. Heat rises and will stay in the top portion of each partition as there is no induced flow from the bottom. The other question I have is whether or not the flow in your cell is optimum for HHO production. You will have 19.2 exchanges of liquid per minute in your cell. That's rougly one exchange for every 3 seconds.

Dave Nowlin

jriggs_18
01-02-2009, 02:46 PM
I see what you are doing now. You will be sweeping the upper portion of eah partition with liquid. You won't however have flow coming from the bottom and going to the top sweeping across each plate and helping to cool it. Heat rises and will stay in the top portion of each partition as there is no induced flow from the bottom. The other question I have is whether or not the flow in your cell is optimum for HHO production. You will have 19.2 exchanges of liquid per minute in your cell. That's rougly one exchange for every 3 seconds.

Dave Nowlin

Im sure that with the cell restriction I will not get 3 GPMs. I believe that is what the pump for with 10' head pressure. I think there will be significantly more head pressure than that.

clauxel
01-03-2009, 08:28 AM
hi i just been a member right now and i am looking for some help how i can build one hho generator by myself i need some drawings or sketches iam not very good in working out the computer so sorry if i am asking this quetion in a wrong place i saw some videos on youtube and are very help full but i cant get how big the plates has to be how much water and what is the best to add to the water thank you in advance

H2OPWR
01-03-2009, 02:33 PM
hi i just been a member right now and i am looking for some help how i can build one hho generator by myself i need some drawings or sketches iam not very good in working out the computer so sorry if i am asking this quetion in a wrong place i saw some videos on youtube and are very help full but i cant get how big the plates has to be how much water and what is the best to add to the water thank you in advance

The best way to get answers and help is to start a new thread asking for advice. Way more people will see the new thread and answer your questions. I think you will find lots of help if you go about it that way. Otherwise many people will not see this post.