View Full Version : Crude oil prices are on the rise

daddymikey1975
12-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Figured it wouldn't be long..

Crude Oil Rises After Israeli Attacks on Gaza Roil Middle East

Grant Smith
Bloomberg
December 29, 2008

Crude oil rose the most in two weeks after Israeli air strikes in the Gaza strip raised concerns that supply from the Middle East, the world’s largest producing region, may be disrupted.

A d v e r t i s e m e n t

Defense Minister Ehud Barak said Israel is fighting a “war to the death” with Hamas, the group that controls Gaza. Prices also advanced as China, the world’s second-biggest energy consumer, said it will supplement its emergency oil stockpiles while prices are low, while Libya and the United Arab Emirates announced compliance with OPEC output cuts agreed on this month.

“The instability in the Middle East may well push oil prices higher,” said Rob Laughlin, a senior broker with MF Global Ltd. in London. “China’s plans to stockpile crude may take up some slack from the demand destruction from the economic slowdown.”

Read article

coffeeachiever
12-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Activities in the mid east, and our involvement with them, accompanied with ill thought out and failing foriegn policy will soon send this country into a depression unless we come up with a better source of energy that frees us from the stranglehold OPEC has on us. That is a very long but true sentence. I re read it twice. I don't think it's a run-on.
Anyway, my conservative estimate is that we have about four years to get it right. After that I believe the collective back of the middle class will break.
At this point, it's all about shifting the balance of power. It seems that free energy may be the only way to do that.
Those are my Deep Thoughts.
Jack Handy

daddymikey1975
12-31-2008, 06:14 AM
Jack
those are my thoughts as well, however I'd like to add that in addition to an alternative to energy the toilet in washington needs flushed and plunged... then a REAL election with REAL people that will support the constitution need elected and return the country to US (the people) instead of the wealthy elite.

As a side note, I'd also like to make mention that it is the U.S. that dictates what we'll pay for a barrel of crude. OPEC merely controls the supply. In my opinion, they don't really control the price directly (i understand that the supply/demand curve can affect price..however, if we're not willing to pay as much as OPEC wants, they turn the spigot down..kind of like a double edge sword)

did you see the 8 lindsey williams videos on youtube? it made me angry.

(and I'm not trying to begin another debate LOL, i'm agreeing with you and just adding my 2 cents even if it winds up being that i'm wrong haha :D )

mike

Q-Hack!
12-31-2008, 01:22 PM
Oh no, my dog just farted, oil prices will have to go $.73 a barrel to compensate......

73 cents for a barrel of oil would be exceedingly cheap. :eek: Did you mean to put the decimal point in there?

alpha-dog
12-31-2008, 06:28 PM
I left out the up. A $.73 pirce increase because my dog farted.

DAMN my cat just took a crap... That's a $2.31 price increase.... :D

See if you can't do something about those animals indigestion. I'm starting to go broke

coffeeachiever
12-31-2008, 09:14 PM
Imagine what gas prices will do when we get good at this and turn the masses on to it.
I imagine the first thing the car makers will do is modify the electronics to make HHO impractical to use. Then the EPA will get involved and say HHO is illegal to use because it's not an approved fuel. I've heard they did that already with WVO, but I don't know if that's true or not.
BTW, the Jack Handy thing was a take off of an old SNL bit.
Here's to the "flushing and plunging of the toilet in Washington".
Happy new year to all and hoping this year is really the beginning of change.

Scott

jriggs_18
12-31-2008, 11:19 PM
Imagine what gas prices will do when we get good at this and turn the masses on to it.
I imagine the first thing the car makers will do is modify the electronics to make HHO impractical to use. Then the EPA will get involved and say HHO is illegal to use because it's not an approved fuel. I've heard they did that already with WVO, but I don't know if that's true or not.
BTW, the Jack Handy thing was a take off of an old SNL bit.
Here's to the "flushing and plunging of the toilet in Washington".
Happy new year to all and hoping this year is really the beginning of change.

Scott

Ive been thinking about what the government is going to do as well, if a car did run on water 1st would be no road tax so they will have to make up for it elsewhere , 2nd thats going to put a damper on the oil companies which will in turn mean the oil companies dont have the cash to keep them in bed with government, 3rd what are the traders on wall street going to say????

Well if stu has his way a car wont run on water anyway but if everyone took the economical approach and used hho on their GAS (not water ;))powered cars we could still have one hell of an impact, I wonder what kind of BS the gov will have to think up to keep its money driven power in control?????

Heres a mantra for you ( i know, i know its not as good as a boytonprog one but it'll have to do)

What kind of impact will water have on our future?

Painless
12-31-2008, 11:29 PM
What kind of impact will water have on our future?

Body odour will be a problem if it ever runs out?

jriggs_18
01-01-2009, 01:28 AM
Body odour will be a problem if it ever runs out?

What is plural for odour?

What is an example of odour used in a sentance?

How can odour be used to create OU?

As for crude prices, sure global demand is down, but any turmoil is good excuse for a price increase, after all, the middle east is unstable, and by all means that means the investors must profit, get your checkbooks out

daddymikey1975
01-01-2009, 07:12 AM
get your checkbooks out

i'd rather pay cash.. give them more debt LOL.. (cash is based on debt, not something that has any worh HAHA)

coffeeachiever
01-01-2009, 10:57 AM

I laughed out loud. Very funny.

If the earth really does tilt on its axis in 2012 as some tend to think it will; if this creates global natural disasters and forces us to live in colonies, then progressive technology has a chance. Other than that it will take a revolution of epic and global proportions to shift the balance of power from the wealthy elite back into the hands of the people. No leader will ever be allowed to take us there.
I honestly don't know which I prefer, global catastrophe or massive uprising. At least if the infrastructure is destroyed, large scale corruption would have to stop and real progress could be made. Or to quote another forum member, "maybe I'm smoking crack and idont know what the **** I'm talking about".

Painless
01-01-2009, 12:11 PM

The plural of 'odour' is 'odours'.

'Odour' in a sentence would be "There was a rather nasty odour coming from the oil company boardroom".

You will find the word 'odour' in a standard english dictionary, not in an american english one.

daddymikey1975
01-01-2009, 01:09 PM
You will find the word 'odour' in a standard english dictionary, not in an american english one.

and the sad part about this fact is that's where most of the 'american' english originated.. standard english..

now i'm a bit saddened to say that american's don't talk like this anymore. (properly)

in fact, i think it's disgusting that 'bootylicious' is in the dictionary.

Adjective: bootylicious 'boo-tee`li-shus
Usage: US

Having strong sexual appeal
"bootylicious barmaids"
- juicy, luscious, red-hot, toothsome, voluptuous
See also: sexy

mike

Dave Nowlin
01-01-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm assuming all of you know that the last serious upturn in oil prices was caused by oil speculators not producers. They bid oil futures up and got the prices rising. When they decided it had about peaked the original guys sold out and let the late comers take the loses. This profit taking changed our whole world. The auto makers were already in trouble and now no one wanted their gas guzzling cars. So they had to set about retooling their plants to make smaller more efficient cars. People lost their jobs as a backlash of this profit taking. In reality what those speculators did should be labeled "economic terrorism" as in then end that was the result. Our economy was already in trouble and that was simply the straw that helped break it's back. To protect the populace of our country from further missdeeds of this sort there should be a law passed forbidding trading in oil futures. In all probability a few very wealthy men probably cooked up this scheme in secret. You couldn't have too many people know what was going on if it was to work. A group of 15 to 20 men in concert could easily pull this off if they were wealthy and working together. Then when the group decided they would all sell off to new investors coming into the market hoping to share in the huge profits. The new guys were left holding the bag and the small group of very wealthy men quietly laughed. This story isn't really all that far fetched as it's basics are all true. How many were in on it is simply speculation.

Dave Nowlin

daddymikey1975
01-01-2009, 07:48 PM
i agree 100% dave.

mike