PDA

View Full Version : 316 l ?

Calgary
12-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Hi Jim In Calgary
I purchased a HHO Generator from e-bay. They claim it's 316 L SS. It arrived today and looks exactly as it was pictured. ( I didn't notice it said shipped from Europe (Ukriane they didn't mention) lower down in the details). I placed a Fridge magnet on the plates and it sticks to it. Does this mean I just got screwed? I might just try using it as is to see what happens. If it's a sham then I can use everything they sent me and install my own SS plates. It's set up as -nn+nn-nn+. I'll be a little more cautious with my e-bay purchases. Any ideas anyone ?? Thanks Jim

Q-Hack!
12-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Hi Jim In Calgary
I purchased a HHO Generator from e-bay. They claim it's 316 L SS. It arrived today and looks exactly as it was pictured. ( I didn't notice it said shipped from Europe (Ukriane they didn't mention) lower down in the details). I placed a Fridge magnet on the plates and it sticks to it. Does this mean I just got screwed? I might just try using it as is to see what happens. If it's a sham then I can use everything they sent me and install my own SS plates. It's set up as -nn+nn-nn+. I'll be a little more cautious with my e-bay purchases. Any ideas anyone ?? Thanks Jim

Some stainless steel is magnetic... not 316L but I believe 304 is. If I were you I would go ahead and use those plates but rearrange them into a +nnnnn- configuration. The cell wont heat up nearly as fast.