PDA

View Full Version : Scan Gage Problem

Boltazar
12-26-2008, 08:36 PM
I was having problems with my radio/clock cutting out /turning off and reverting to 1:00. I was told it was probably a bad radio so I bought a new one. Installed it with the same problem. I unpluged my scan gage and havent had it happen since. It seemed to happen much more often when I hit the brake but would also cut out on it's own. Any takers on this one????????

Q-Hack!
12-27-2008, 07:05 PM
you know.... I have been having problems with my battery staying charged... I wonder if my scan gage has something to do with it.... mmm.... Let me go and unplug it for a couple of days to see if it makes a difference.

daddymikey1975
12-28-2008, 07:37 AM
I was having problems with my radio/clock cutting out /turning off and reverting to 1:00. I was told it was probably a bad radio so I bought a new one. Installed it with the same problem. I unpluged my scan gage and havent had it happen since. It seemed to happen much more often when I hit the brake but would also cut out on it's own. Any takers on this one????????

I noticed this phenomenon when I worked at a ford dealer several years ago.. mostly it happened on a car that we had to jump start (cuz the battery was dead) and while the car was running, when we stepped on the brake, or other weird things, it seemed as if the car was 'losing' power (voltage)

I'd check your battery and make sure your alternator is charging it.

probably wouldnt hurt to unplug the scangauge for a couple days to see if this helps..

mike

Boltazar
12-29-2008, 06:46 PM
I just got a reply from ScanGauge about this situation. They said the gauge is powered by the same circuit as the radio in my sierra and they have another hookup cable that will remedy the occasional power outage. I'll be back in the saddle again.

daddymikey1975
12-29-2008, 06:53 PM
good. I'm glad you have a remedy

mike

Q-Hack!
12-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Well, I do believe that the Scan Gage was my problem. After having it unplugged for two days, my battery keeps its charge overnight. Going to look into getting a new cable myself.