PDA

View Full Version : what about freezing

mustangpro1
12-17-2008, 08:13 PM
what do you use to keep the water from freezing im using the mason jar
i have it installed but i havent wired it up yet or put water in the cell or bubbler because it gets below freezing at night also since i hooked up the hho generator my 86 ford ranger has been idling high anybody had that happen to them any help would be helpful thanks mustangpro1

Painless
12-17-2008, 08:16 PM
what do you use to keep the water from freezing im using the mason jar
i have it installed but i havent wired it up yet or put water in the cell or bubbler because it gets below freezing at night also since i hooked up the hho generator my 86 ford ranger has been idling high anybody had that happen to them any help would be helpful thanks mustangpro1

Without getting into the glass jar debate again...

Your idling problem sounds like your HHO is hooked up to the vacuum and you have a leak.

The best way to prevent freezing is to use a full strength electrolyte solution (KOH or NaOH) and employ a PWM to control amps.

VanHalen
12-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Lol everyone hates on the glass jar :p. At least it wont melt, but it will break. Anyway, maybe a small cofee heater or simply do as painless says.

mustangpro1
12-18-2008, 08:09 PM
thanks ill plug the hose going into the breather i thought the more air the better
i have it hooked into the breather right after the air filter is that right

H2OPWR
12-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Last winter I ran my cell in Alaska all winter without a problem. I used a mixture of distilled water 75% and isopropal Alcohol 25% along with the KOH. not one freeze up even at 25 below zero. The only thing is I did not test HHO output. The fuel economy remaind the same as before winter or close (within 10%) but that happens every winter.