PDA

View Full Version : Gas prices and forum participation

coffeeachiever
12-14-2008, 03:45 PM
It seems that the lower the gas prices go, the less interested people seem to be in alternative energies. That is being short sighted and self sabotaging. It's been less than two months since gas prices were $4.00 a gallon. In the short time since gas has begun to approach a reasonable price, members and guests to the forum have begun to drop like flies. This inaction by the American public is exactly what makes them like sheep.
My shepard is not of the world and this time is is not okay to forgive and forget. This time I will not turn the other cheek so the oil producers can heat their swimming pools in Dubai with my hard earned dollars. My conscience is not clear while I continue to pollute the world. I will not support more drilling or digging for coal.
We the people are the most hard working and inventive people in the world. Garage inventors like us are the Ben Franklins and the Thomas Edisons and the Henry Fords. There is no reason AT ALL for us to be at the mercy of anyone. If people will not be complacent we can turn this ship back around. Right now I am very disheartened by the eagerness people have taken this pacifier with. There is too much of an attitude of, "there's nothing I can do about it". Bullsphit. Just like Mike's signature line says, together we will be heard.
To all those that have hung around, you have my respect. To those of you exploring the possibilities, break free from the followers and become leaders with the rest of us. When OPEC and the oil companies try to stick it to us again, we will tell them where to stick it!
The news reported several weeks ago that the leaders of OPEC will be meeting on December 17th to announce that they will be cutting oil production due to too much reserves. I'm curious as to what the forum will look like after that.

hydrotinkerer
12-14-2008, 03:56 PM
I agree... All of the forums are saying it has gotten slow.

cully
12-14-2008, 04:02 PM
its not just this forum that has gone slow most of the forums i belong too have also dropped off

so don't worry guys I'm sure things will pick up

just because peeps don't post it does not mean they are not experimenting
also its the season for giving so peeps that are financially stretched wont be able to buy parts and presents

happy holidays guys and have a good christmas

cully

:D

VanHalen
12-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Honestly it still doesn't make sense if you think about it. Even if gas is 1.50 a gallon, and you fill up 18 gallons every two weeks, thats $54. If you could increase your fill to once a month, you save $22 dollars! over a year thats like $264! So personally I'm still trying to get gains and learn in the HHO world.

daddymikey1975
12-14-2008, 04:48 PM
I agree that things seem slower here and on another forum I frequent.

I have a guy that came into work and he was preparing for a trip to arizona, mentioned that there was a guy in California willing to sell him a 'kit' for 800 dollars. I told him for 800 dollars I'd build him 8 kits for him and his neighbors.

he's gonna get ahold of me when he gets back so we can work on a dry cell for his F-150 :D

I did direct him to our community here as well.

Mike

Painless
12-14-2008, 04:59 PM
I suppose that the lists of those that stick around and keep experimenting as opposed to the "Gas is cheap again, Seeya!" gang differentiates those that are in it for the world and those that are in it for themselves.

mytoyotasucks
12-14-2008, 05:30 PM
well myself i still plan to experement, i want a car that doesnt need oil based fuel.

ridelong
12-14-2008, 06:20 PM
I think the cold weather possibly contributed to the dropoff. But not this much.

VanHalen
12-14-2008, 07:25 PM
I think the cold weather possibly contributed to the dropoff. But not this much.

Lol in people or MPG? :rolleyes:

Carolinablue
12-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Well for me gas ain't cheap until it gets below $1.00 /gal. Diesel still hasn't dropped like it ought to. I'm still experimenting with wvo and now with hho. Cold weather has slowed me down on this. When I head to Florida in Jan. with my RV, I should have or at least hoping for a good story.;)

H2OPWR
12-14-2008, 08:05 PM
The serious people dedicated to making gains will stay.

coffeeachiever
12-14-2008, 09:13 PM
The serious people dedicated to making gains will stay.

I know they will. What blows my mind is that there aren't tens of thousands of people screaming for this technology every day all over these forums.
In a matter of weeks people have already forgotten how enraged they were about the price of gas. They see the price go down and say,"everything is okay now". But it's not okay. It's far from okay. We depend on a country that hates us for our energy. We borrow money from another country that's tryng to poison us to steal energy from another country that hates us. We send our money for this energy to people that want to kill us. All the while we are poisoning our planet by using the same energy. If the people that hate us cut off our supply of their energy, we are dead in the water unless we attack them and steal it. All this so the people in power can keep their power. Enough is enough. Where are the masses? Why aren't we fighting the oppression and suppression of the technology? Where the hell is everybody?

Painless
12-14-2008, 10:10 PM
The problem with the majority of people is the reason why the situation is the way that it is. If everyone asked why and stood up and stated what they wouldn't accept then this situation wouldn't have arisen in the first place.

Painless
12-14-2008, 10:21 PM
We may not be able to effect those that come and go, all we can do is keep working on this science so that we have something to show each newcomer as they arrive.

We've got to keep working on the new techniques and breakthroughs as we make them and keep challenging the old to make sure that we were thorough with them and that they still apply.

BoyntonStu
12-14-2008, 11:57 PM
We may not be able to effect those that come and go, all we can do is keep working on this science so that we have something to show each newcomer as they arrive.

We've got to keep working on the new techniques and breakthroughs as we make them and keep challenging the old to make sure that we were thorough with them and that they still apply.

We work to discover what works and what does not.

It is our privilege to do the work and to enjoy the journey of discovery.

That is what Science is all about, measuring Nature.

BoyntonStu

P.S. My no heat. no adhesive smooth tube seal is coming along very well. It is so much fun!

HHOinKY
12-15-2008, 04:37 AM
I've been trying. I've been too busy to do anything lately. I'm hoping I might get a chance today to finish my cell (fingers crossed!)

jriggs_18
12-16-2008, 06:21 AM
They'll be back when the pink cloud theyre riding turns to muck and falls out of the sky:eek:

mikem1977
12-16-2008, 11:28 AM
The weather in Idaho has been harsh lately I had to remove my cell to keep it from freezing, even if I could keep it from freezing, experimenting when the cell is 15 degrees makes it pretty hard to run any tests, my goal is to build a dry cell this winter and start the quest again come spring time...im by no means giving in to the sudden drop in fuel prices.....theyll be right back up real soon!

Q-Hack!
12-16-2008, 03:20 PM
For me at least, It is more a matter of the state of the economy and my personal position in it. Having just retired from the Air Force, I have cut my pay check by more than half. Currently nobody is hiring (I think everybody is waiting until the new president takes office). As a result, I have absolutely no money to put forth towards my projects. I also have no money to be driving anyplace. So it sorta works out, in a delusional sort of way.

coffeeachiever
12-17-2008, 01:02 AM
I can understand that Q-Hack. You gotta eat and pay the mortgage first.
The economy is in the toilet and it looks like it may get worse before it gets better. Our new president just inherited a big ole crap sandwich with a glass of sand to wash it down with.
I feel fortunate to have chosen a field that will never put me out of work. People just keep on getting hurt and sick. Still, we are struggling too.
Even though your budget may not allow you to buy materials, you are still here contributing what you know to the collective effort. That is what I'm talking about. You are making an impact because you are an active member of the group. You see the bigger picture and know that you can make a difference.
None of us have built our units on our own. Everybody here contributed to everyone elses progress. I just wish more people thought like us.

Painless
12-17-2008, 07:45 AM
Coffee,

I couldn't agree with you more! This is the spirit that we must all adhere to if we're going to help the overall situation and ourselves.

Before I came to this forum I knew nothing about HHO. I had been browsing one day and noticed an ad entitled something like "Run your car on water". I remember thinking "This looks like a bunch of BS" but clicked the link anyway with an open mind.

The ad took me to a water4gas site, after reading through all the waffle and sales pitch (a vomit bag would have come in very handy here) I was looking at the photograph of all the components you would need and trying to understand exactly how this was built and how it was supposed to work. I didn't buy the plans, but decided to do a little more research.

The next thing I came across was MagDrive. I remember looking at their generators and the $1,000 plus price tag and wondering what was inside the magic boxes to warrant such a fee. I watched some of their videos, trying to find some info on what was inside these devices but finding nothing. However, at least the MagDrive site had some information on what exactly HHO or Browns gas was.

I continued researching until I eventually came across these forums. It wasn't until then that I got a decent answer to what was inside the magic box, from there my knowledge began to grow and the rest you all know from my thread.

A lot of spiel, but my main point is that without open source and collaboration this technology will never get anywhere.

Russ.

daddymikey1975
12-17-2008, 07:58 AM
Coffee,

I couldn't agree with you more! This is the spirit that we must all adhere to if we're going to help the overall situation and ourselves.

Before I came to this forum I knew nothing about HHO. I had been browsing one day and noticed an ad entitled something like "Run your car on water". I remember thinking "This looks like a bunch of BS" but clicked the link anyway with an open mind.

The ad took me to a water4gas site, after reading through all the waffle and sales pitch (a vomit bag would have come in very handy here) I was looking at the photograph of all the components you would need and trying to understand exactly how this was built and how it was supposed to work. I didn't buy the plans, but decided to do a little more research.

The next thing I came across was MagDrive. I remember looking at their generators and the $1,000 plus price tag and wondering what was inside the magic boxes to warrant such a fee. I watched some of their videos, trying to find some info on what was inside these devices but finding nothing. However, at least the MagDrive site had some information on what exactly HHO or Browns gas was.

I continued researching until I eventually came across these forums. It wasn't until then that I got a decent answer to what was inside the magic box, from there my knowledge began to grow and the rest you all know from my thread.

A lot of spiel, but my main point is that without open source and collaboration this technology will never get anywhere.

Russ.

very well put Russ, only I did buy the plans :eek: I don't remember who's site it was, but they were $50 and once i looked at them, i was way in over my head.. tubes in some PVC and then you had to wrap magnet wire around a core to put in the PVC..man... then I stumbled across the Smack's booster which began my journey down the rabbit hole, and now i'm here trying to help with what I can (my mind as i don't have much money)

I believe in open source and collaboration as well.. individually may not accomplish much, but together we can conquer the world !

keep on keeping on everyone :D

coffeeachiever
12-17-2008, 09:05 AM
I bought the plans too. I wish I had that money back.