PDA

View Full Version : new need help

mustangpro1
12-09-2008, 09:09 PM
i just got my first hho generator and im going to put it on a 86 ford ranger do i need a oxyged extender (2) do you have to have a bubbler or can you use a flash back thanks in advance mustangpro1

coffeeachiever
12-10-2008, 09:36 PM
i just got my first hho generator and im going to put it on a 86 ford ranger do i need a oxyged extender (2) do you have to have a bubbler or can you use a flash back thanks in advance mustangpro1

O2 extenders work for some people, not for others. Result with them seem to be a crap shoot at best. I'm about to try one on my 86 Yota till I get the efie built. What you should get/build is an efie.
Yes you need a bubbler IMO to scrub the electrolyte fumes from the HHO. You don't want that in your engine. I use a dilute vinegar solution in mine to help neutralize any fumes.
Did you get a dry cell or a bath one?

mustangpro1
12-10-2008, 10:24 PM
its not a dry cell its the bath if i see that this works im saying now that on my best day my ranger get at best 18.5 mpg at worst 16.5 with ac in summer so you are saying in the bubbler instead of water use distilled vinegar im having truble finding a good place to mount the hho and bubbler were or how do i get hold of a efie
thanks mustangpro1

coffeeachiever
12-13-2008, 07:49 AM
alt-nrg.org

pwmpower.com

There are plenty of other places. Just do a google search.

lowriderjj
12-13-2008, 01:10 PM
I got a digital efie from ebay and am very pleased with it. I hooked it up in about an hour and it very easy to use. Paid about $70.

coffeeachiever
12-13-2008, 02:12 PM
I got a digital efie from ebay and am very pleased with it. I hooked it up in about an hour and it very easy to use. Paid about $70.

I'm very interested to see your results. Who was the seller on e bay?

lowriderjj
12-13-2008, 03:40 PM
onlinefreetrader was the name. Just get on ebay and search digital efie, as i think he is only one selling this type. Works really nice and u can hook meter up to set increases, decreases, etc.