PDA

View Full Version : Less and Less additional MPG

mytoyotasucks
12-07-2008, 01:14 AM
Ok i have been using my wet wraped 1.75 LPM wet cell for a while and my MPG gain is disapearing! :eek:

and have tested my cell and still making 1.75LPM.
checked my hoses and wiring connections.

not sure whats happening.

Any ideas??:confused:

Thanx D

Also got my O2 sensor extender - havnt installed yet.

HHOinKY
12-07-2008, 02:13 AM
Computer is catching on.

H2OPWR
12-07-2008, 02:23 AM
Ok i have been using my wet wraped 1.75 LPM wet cell for a while and my MPG gain is disapearing! :eek:

and have tested my cell and still making 1.75LPM.
checked my hoses and wiring connections.

not sure whats happening.

Any ideas??:confused:

Thanx D

Also got my O2 sensor extender - havnt installed yet.

You live in Canada. It is winter! Cars get worse fuel economy in cold weather. I live in Alaska. All our vehicles get 10 to 20% worse fuel economy in the winter. The only cure would be to warm up the air entering your engine or fool the intake air temp sensor. Or you could just wait until spring.

Painless
12-07-2008, 08:57 AM
You live in Canada. It is winter! Cars get worse fuel economy in cold weather. I live in Alaska. All our vehicles get 10 to 20% worse fuel economy in the winter. The only cure would be to warm up the air entering your engine or fool the intake air temp sensor. Or you could just wait until spring.

I've made some small mods to my rams airbox, I removed the cold feed from the front grill and blocked off the hole, then made some new holes in the bottom of the box. According to my scangauge, my intake air temp is usually 10 F warmer than the outside air. My next plan is to take air from a heatsink attached to the exhaust manifold.

This would certainly help you guys.

coffeeachiever
12-07-2008, 02:30 PM
What mpg were you getting and what mpg are you getting now?

mytoyotasucks
12-07-2008, 04:16 PM
What mpg were you getting and what mpg are you getting now?

went from 32 mpg to 26 mpg

alpha-dog
12-07-2008, 05:55 PM
I've made some small mods to my rams airbox, I removed the cold feed from the front grill and blocked off the hole, then made some new holes in the bottom of the box. According to my scangauge, my intake air temp is usually 10 F warmer than the outside air. My next plan is to take air from a heatsink attached to the exhaust manifold.

This would certainly help you guys.

My only problem with doing this is that the warmer air can cause predetonation ( knock ). I think a resistor on the IAT sensor may be safe. It will fool your PCM and your still getting cooler air.
Russell

Painless
12-07-2008, 08:02 PM
My only problem with doing this is that the warmer air can cause predetonation ( knock ). I think a resistor on the IAT sensor may be safe. It will fool your PCM and your still getting cooler air.
Russell

From what I've read, the key is to keep the intake air under 215 F. Should be no pre-det at that temp.