PDA

View Full Version : Honda's/Toyotas/Hyundais??

jcbarton
12-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Hello, Has anyone done any ECU mods to any of these types of cars? I live in Costa Rica where the majority of the cars are late 80's to early 90 models Hondas, toyotas and Hyundais (civics, accords, elantras, excels, tercels, camrys, corollas etc.). I want to know if these vehicles need a MAP/MAF or another type of sensor mod to allow for the MPG gain w/ HHO. Any help?? The difference between the MAP/MAF and the EFIE? which do I need?

screwballl
12-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Do you think you posted this in enough forums.

thats what I was wondering

jcbarton
12-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Instead of being cute why doesn't just someone answer the question? I guess it's hard to do with your head up your ass. Have a great day!

jcbarton
12-04-2008, 11:58 AM
I couldn't agree more. Practice what you preach. Happy Holidays

Stevo
12-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Hello, Has anyone done any ECU mods to any of these types of cars? I live in Costa Rica where the majority of the cars are late 80's to early 90 models Hondas, toyotas and Hyundais (civics, accords, elantras, excels, tercels, camrys, corollas etc.). I want to know if these vehicles need a MAP/MAF or another type of sensor mod to allow for the MPG gain w/ HHO. Any help?? The difference between the MAP/MAF and the EFIE? which do I need?

It all varies depending on the application. My opinion; it's best to get an OBD1 Honda 92-95. Civics are the most versitile (besides being one of the best cars Honda has ever made). You can easily get a Hondata setup to tune the comp however you like as well as you will only have to deal with 1 o2 sensor and just 1 map sensor. Easy cheesy. Plus parts are very easily attained and ultra easy to replace. Happy hunting.

jcbarton
12-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Stevo, thanks for the reply. What does OBD1 stand for?? I do not own a Honda but I have a few friends who do that one a cell installed so I was just trying to help them out. Thanks again. Happy Holidays

Stevo
12-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Stevo, thanks for the reply. What does OBD1 stand for?? I do not own a Honda but I have a few friends who do that one a cell installed so I was just trying to help them out. Thanks again. Happy Holidays

It's the second generation of On Board Diagnostics. There are 3 as of today: OBD0, OBDI, and OBDII. On the Honda OBDI vehicles, there is only one o2 sensor, on OBDII there are 2 or more o2 sensors. Other factors also include MAF, MAP, IAT, TPS, different PCM/ECM hardware advancements and software/logic capabilities, ect... Some vehicles in the OBDII class have as many as 4 o2 sensors, multiple MAP and MAF, which obviously makes tuning much harder. Many of the Honda tuner enthusiasts actually will step down by downgrading their wiring harness from OBDII to OBDI and utilizing an older OBDI ECM that can easily be chipped and tuned.

Hondata and a wideband o2 sensor is probably the easiest way to go if the car is OBDI (92-95). This would allow you to monitor and adjust your air/fuel ratio when leaning and applying HHO. Of course, if you didn't already know this... you might wanna do some research before slapping all that stuff on a car and tweaking to avoid serious problems.

Alex Tyrrell
06-11-2009, 12:25 AM
If anyone needs a chiped ecu for a Honda or Acura let me know, i sell them on ebay for 65$ alexrtyrrell@hotmail.com