PDA

View Full Version : My HHO Project

Wallaby
11-30-2008, 11:16 PM
Hello all,

This is my current setup. I will be installing a dry cell very soon on my wifes durango and I will post some pics. I've worked out the electronics on our beater car before I started soldering on the wifes ride. Check out my current setup at http://meadowsprings.info/hho.pdf

Take care
Wallaby from TN

Painless
11-30-2008, 11:23 PM
Nice setup!

What motor and year is your durango? I'm working on a 4.7L 06 Ram at the moment and should be able to help out and save you some head scratching.

Russ.

Wallaby
11-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Hello Painless,

It's a 1998 5.2L engine. Actually space could be concern, not much room to work with.
How do you like your dry cell?

Wallaby from TN

Painless
11-30-2008, 11:45 PM
So far, I've had good output with the dry cell and would never go back to bath designs. Installing my latest revision tomorrow.

That 318 should be a lot easier than my '06, but you will need a lot of HHO to make a difference.

H2OPWR
11-30-2008, 11:52 PM
Hello all,

This is my current setup. I will be installing a dry cell very soon on my wifes durango and I will post some pics. I've worked out the electronics on our beater car before I started soldering on the wifes ride. Check out my current setup at http://meadowsprings.info/hho.pdf

Take care
Wallaby from TN

For better output make sure that the jar holding your cell is not leaking. I bought two just like that at the local Bed Bath and Beyond. I found that they would keep outside air out but I could not get them to keep HHO from excaping. If you managed that I would love to know how!!!. Mine are just sitting and would love to use them.

Wallaby
12-01-2008, 05:58 AM
H20PWR, I know another guy that had the same leaking problem with that vessel. His issue was warping due to heat. Maybe I got lucky with mine.
I'm always looking for the ultimate container, do you any suggestions?

Wallaby

H2OPWR
12-01-2008, 05:18 PM
H20PWR, I know another guy that had the same leaking problem with that vessel. His issue was warping due to heat. Maybe I got lucky with mine.
I'm always looking for the ultimate container, do you any suggestions?

Wallaby

Honestly I have always made my own but many people on this forum have used pelican cases to hold theirs. I now only build sealed dry cell's. The effeciency is way better.

coffeeachiever
12-01-2008, 05:49 PM
That is very clean work sir.
I do have a couple of questions. My expertise is in medicine, not electronics, so excuse me if my questions seem basic to you.
I notice that your efie (and others) have a city and hwy setting. Could those settings be controlled automaticaly by tying in to the speedometer?
Also, is that a hybrid that the cell is on? If so, how do you stop production in battery mode? Tied into the alternator?
Finally, what part of TN are you in? I'm in Memphis, the toilet of TN.

Wallaby
12-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Coffeeachiever, thank you for your nice comment. The map enhancer (map efie) has a city / highway adjustment. The highway adjustment is set slightly more aggressive than the city setting. If the city setting is too aggressive you will have power issues such as climbing hills, pulling into traffic ect. You can actually kill your mileage. The toggle switch makes it easy to go from city to highway without constantly tuning. In my opinion city driving is better when controlling the 02 sensor. The engine runs much smoother. Anymore I only use the map efie when I'm driving on the interstates. You will hear all kinds of different ways of enhancing with HHO. I just know what works for me. I'm not sure how to anwser the speedometer question. The vehicle that my HHO system is on is a 1993 toyota corolla. I call it my hybrid, gasoline/HHO.

My next setup will be a slick looking dry cell unit on my wifes 98 Durango.

Take care

Wallaby

Wallaby
12-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Sorry Coffeeachiever, I'm from East Tn.

Wallaby

Realtyroy
12-04-2008, 04:01 AM
Coffeeachiever, thank you for your nice comment. The map enhancer (map efie) has a city / highway adjustment. The highway adjustment is set slightly more aggressive than the city setting. If the city setting is too aggressive you will have power issues such as climbing hills, pulling into traffic ect. You can actually kill your mileage. The toggle switch makes it easy to go from city to highway without constantly tuning. In my opinion city driving is better when controlling the 02 sensor. The engine runs much smoother. Anymore I only use the map efie when I'm driving on the interstates. You will hear all kinds of different ways of enhancing with HHO. I just know what works for me. I'm not sure how to anwser the speedometer question. The vehicle that my HHO system is on is a 1993 toyota corolla. I call it my hybrid, gasoline/HHO.

My next setup will be a slick looking dry cell unit on my wifes 98 Durango.

Take care

Wallaby

Hey when you get that cell on the wife's Durango please post some pics. I have an 02' and its pretty tight under the hood! I went down on the frame rail on the left side next to the engine. Its kind of a pain to get to it for maintenance so I usually just leave it alone :)
Anyway, would like to see where you end up putting it. The 318 in yours might give you a little more room but I bet not much!