PDA

View Full Version : Dry Cell? Wet Cell? Supernube questions.

ineclipse
11-28-2008, 01:50 AM
I cant get the search feature for this forum to work, otherwise I wouldnt be asking such a question, that I am sure has been answered a hundred times in the past.

But, what is the difference between the wet and dry cells? Their construction is obviously different, but I just want discern from their images how they operate differently.

And on another note, thanks for the welcome to your community, I hope to learn a lot and also share what I can.
Thanks,
-Luke.

mytoyotasucks
11-28-2008, 03:44 PM
read this for dry cell http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=771

VanHalen
11-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Well here's my take on it. A wet cell is a set number of plates(usually 7 for voltage efficiency reasons) that are suspended, with some sort of stainless steel strap, in water with electrolyte added after. The problem with these is current loss through the water, as in the current jets out in all directions. This can be fixed with certain kinds of wrap. Also, spacing can make these inefficient, but when spaced properly I have found they perform fine.

Now the dry cell is a set amount of plates(still 7 generally) that are "sandwiched" together using compression. There is a gasket between each plate, and water sits in between the plates. These cells are generally more efficient, and may produce more. There is a reservoir that holds the water/electrolyte, and there is an input/output line from that to the cell. HHO flows from the cell to the reservoir and out to a bubbler. This in turn makes a circulation of water and keeps the cell cool. These however can be a little difficult and more costly way of doing it. Its really personal preference.