PDA

View Full Version : HHO Basic Theory

vtec
11-26-2008, 01:05 AM
'The closer the HHO to the carb, the greater the effect'. Means, HHO that placed in engine compartment have greater effect than unit that placed in car boot. Agree or not?

-vtec-

H2OPWR
11-26-2008, 01:12 AM
'The closer the HHO to the carb, the greater the effect'. Means, HHO that placed in engine compartment have greater effect than unit that placed in car boot. Agree or not?

-vtec-

I agree. In fact I beleive if you go past the carb or throttle body into the intake you will see better results.

daddymikey1975
11-26-2008, 06:52 AM
basically the idea is to get it into the cylinders as quickly as practically possible so it doesnt get diluted by the ambient air.

mike

Carolinablue
11-26-2008, 11:23 AM
I guess this is the issue with turbo diesels. You have to inject the hho before the turbo, but by doing this it does get diluted quiet a bit, so a lot of hho is required. I'm not giving up yet though, have a 2001 Cummins diesel.

Farmercal
11-26-2008, 12:54 PM

-vtec-The question he is asking is: Is it better to mount the HHO producing unit in the trunk or under the hood. I don't think it really matters as people have been sucessful with both methods.

vtec
11-26-2008, 10:51 PM
So far, the conclusion is:

1. Under trunk or under the hood? - I don't think it really matters as people have been sucessful with both methods.

2. the idea is to get it into the cylinders as quickly as practically possible so it doesnt get diluted by the ambient air.

I have question:

1. the connection is into intake manifold and air filter. But what is 'throttle body'?

2. You have to inject the hho before the turbo - Why must before?

Painless
11-27-2008, 09:15 AM
The throttle body is basically a large butterfly that opens and closes with the accelerator pedal. Follow your intake box and hoses until plastic becomes metal and you should find it.

With a turbo system the HHO won't provide enough pressure to get the gas into the air system against the pressure of the turbo air. More likely, the turbo will push air into generator. Think of the HHO as a car trying to pull out of a junction onto a multilane road that is packed bumper to bumper and moving at 100 mph.