PDA

View Full Version : No corrosion or pond scum!!!

ranger2.3
11-23-2008, 06:09 PM
I built an hho generator with copper wire and aluminum mesh, and for some reason there is no corrosion or pond water scum. Has this happend to anyone else?

Painless
11-23-2008, 06:54 PM
That's interesting, just out of interest:

1) What catalyst did you use?

2) Which metal did you use as the positive and which as the negative?

HHOinKY
11-24-2008, 02:38 AM

x2? This is kind of interesting. Just using a tiny bit of copper wire left open to water, and leads, I had tons.

daddymikey1975
11-24-2008, 07:51 AM

X 3 !! :-) Immediately I was wondering the same thing..

AND would you mind posting the specs of your setup ? how many 'plates' and in what configuration, how much catalyzer in the electrolyte, amp draw, etc.. ??

thanks.
mike

ranger2.3
11-24-2008, 06:15 PM
This is a response to those question you guys have asked. First off, the catalyst I used was just about 2tbs baking soda mixed with distilled water. The setup I used was a strip of was copper wire in a wave formation under a piece of aluminum mesh nailed to a 2x4 that sets in a .30 cal ammo can with the copper wire leading from the aluminum mesh out of the ammo can, then I have a wire hooked to the ammo can and + and - both are wired to an AC/DC variable voltage wall transformer. As for the amps used I dont know because I do not have a ampmeter yet. I have yet to hook it up to vehicle but I will post results when I do.