PDA

View Full Version : City MPG????

bigsmoke1956
11-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Is there anyway you can get a hho unit to produce the amount of gas in the time of 15-20 min. too make any amount of hho gas to get any improvement in city driving, what is your thoughts on this.

Painless
11-18-2008, 10:34 AM
Personally, from my own experiments, I feel that the city requirements in terms of HHO are more a problem of engine load than anything else. When cruising in the city, HHO gas needs are lower due to lower rpm's, however, its the stop and go and deeper use of the throttle to get the vehicle moving that is the problem.

Stop and go literally kills mpg. The ECU seems to dump in much higher fuel mixtures at wider throttle settings. If you could increase the HHO for these times the problem then would be that you EFIE settings would probably be inadequate and the engine would see lean and dump in even more fuel.

If a relay could be tied to heavier throttle settings that kicked in a reduction in the number of neutrals in your plate setup, then HHO productipon could be increased temporarily at the expense of heat. However, there would still be the problem of O2 manipulation.

This is just my opinion on how the ECU would react, some input from the certified techs would be a useful addition to this discussion.