PDA

View Full Version : Amoeba Cell "SAFE T" flash arrestor back up.

BoyntonStu
11-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Amoeba Cell "SAFE T" flash arrestor back up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr9JaNzzcnM

Thanks for your questions about flash arrestor life, etc.

It generated this idea: The SAFE T

The video says it all.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wr9JaNzzcnM"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wr9JaNzzcnM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Be safe. Build a SAFE T.

BoyntonStu

overtaker
11-17-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm sorry Stu but I disagree. If you blew up the balloon then your generator would have blown up also. Or am I missing something?

theramsey3
11-17-2008, 07:39 PM
I am just curious what benefit does this device provide? The flashback still made it to the balloon and exploded it. Would it perform differently if it had some thing like say a bubbler attached instead of a balloon?

overtaker
11-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Adding A Flashback Arrestor Between The Safe T And The Balloon ( Or Booster ) Would Probibly Work.

theramsey3
11-17-2008, 07:48 PM
thinking about it more the most bubblers probably would not blow up I could be wrong but perhaps the balloon is just not strong enough to with stand the force of the explosion just a thought there I may be wrong also bigger supply hose from the bubbler to the SAFE T would probably help to relieve the pressure of the explosion faster possibly saving the balloon/bubbler

BoyntonStu
11-17-2008, 07:50 PM
It gives an easy pressure relief if it does blow up. Possibly saving the bubbler.

Exactly correct!

The strength of a chain is its weakest link.

Is a 1/4" PVC plastic generator pipe or a glass jar, weaker or stronger than a 0.002" plastic bag?

Which will blow out first?

A SAFE T is an artificial aneurysm for your Hydroxy plumbing.

I hope that this helps.

BoyntonStu

overtaker
11-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Hydrogen burns to fast. If only the weakest link explodes then NO generator would ever explode, only the plastic tubing and we all know that is not the case! If the spark ( or flame ) makes it's way to the booster then BOOM unless the booster has a built in blow out feature. That's the way I see it. Am I wrong?

overtaker
11-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Stu, I don't want to just be negative. I appreciate all your videos and experiments. :)

BoyntonStu
11-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Hydrogen burns to fast. If only the weakest link explodes then NO generator would ever explode, only the plastic tubing and we all know that is not the case! If the spark ( or flame ) makes it's way to the booster then BOOM unless the booster has a built in blow out feature. That's the way I see it. Am I wrong?

Sorry, your conclusion is in error.

What is the plastic tubing rating?

It is stronger than you might think:

Polypropylene Tubing--PP
Sizes Working
I.D. Sizes O.D. Sizes Wall Thickness PSI@73°F
1/8 1/4 1/16 272
.170 .250 .040 149
3/16 5/16 1/16 196
1/4 3/8 1/16 157
3/8 1/2 1/16 112

Industrial Grade Vinyl Plastic Tubing--Flexible PVC
Sizes Working
I.D. Sizes O.D. Sizes Wall Thickness PSI@73°F
1/8 1/4 1/16 65
.170 1/4 .040 39
3/16 5/16 1/16 55
1/4 5/16 1/32 20
1/4 3/8 1/16 55

AAMOF the booster has a blow out feature if you use a SAFE-T.

Do you think that you can blow a plastic shopping bag up to 55 PSI?

When pressure is raised in any vessel, each sq. in. sees the same pressure.

When you have a heart attack due to an aneurysm blowout, or a car tire tube blows up, or if you keep blowing into a balloon, the weakest place will blow, never a stronger place.

Fast or slow, it doesn't matter.

I hope that this helps.

BoyntonStu

overtaker
11-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Do you wish to try that experiment? Please be careful. Replace the balloon with a working booster.

overtaker
11-17-2008, 08:24 PM
I look forward to the video. I don't mind being proven wrong.

theramsey3
11-17-2008, 08:26 PM
I would really like to see that but like I said earlier I think you will need a larger supply hose from bubbler to SAFE T to allow the exploding gasses to escape faster with out damaging the bubbler but anyway I would like to see this experiment

overtaker
11-17-2008, 08:30 PM
If it works I like the idea. If the plastic bag leaks that could be the cause of the boom.

BoyntonStu
11-17-2008, 08:41 PM
If it works I like the idea. If the plastic bag leaks that could be the cause of the boom.

Plastic bag leaks cause the boom?

The boom is the rapid burning of 2H and O to from H2O.

The plastic seal does not leak.

Visit Zero Fossil Fuel
#81 - VSPB Cell blowout test 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWpdtC6TJ8k

BoyntonStu

I plan to video the SAFE-T coming straight off the bubbler line.

theramsey3
11-17-2008, 08:44 PM

If you are worried about the bag "membrane" leaking use a little pvc glue on it between the bag and pipe to ensure it is sealed then place the modified cap over it before the glue dries

BoyntonStu
11-17-2008, 08:47 PM
If you are worried about the bag "membrane" leaking use a little pvc glue on it between the bag and pipe to ensure it is sealed then place the modified cap over it before the glue dries

I have used this method for about 6 months.

Believe me, it does not leak.

Try it, it costs less than $1.00.

BoyntonStu

overtaker
11-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks Stu.

daddymikey1975
11-18-2008, 07:09 AM
I plan to video the SAFE-T coming straight off the bubbler line.

it makes sense to me.. as the hydroxy burns, the force will find it's way out through the weakest link, hence the bag.. easily ruptured membrane as opposed to a much stronger bubbler container.. yes, the gas in the bubbler may ignite as well, however the pop off would be the bag.

P.S. I can't wait to see the video. Please be safe Stu.. how about lighting the lighter remotely to keep yourself out of harms way?? just my .02

mike

BoyntonStu
11-18-2008, 08:13 AM
it makes sense to me.. as the hydroxy burns, the force will find it's way out through the weakest link, hence the bag.. easily ruptured membrane as opposed to a much stronger bubbler container.. yes, the gas in the bubbler may ignite as well, however the pop off would be the bag.

P.S. I can't wait to see the video. Please be safe Stu.. how about lighting the lighter remotely to keep yourself out of harms way?? just my .02

mike

Mike,

Bubbler:

The head space in the bubbler above the electrolyte should be as small as possible. The Hydroxy volume would be minimum and so would any explosive force.

It seems to me that the shape of the bubbler's top should be an inverted funnel that directly feeds an adjacent SAFE-T. Consider the bottom of a champagne bottle. That depression is the ideal shape for strengthening the bottle against blow out.

Do you agree that the shape of the bubbler top be considered?

BoyntonStu

BoyntonStu
11-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Adding A Flashback Arrestor Between The Safe T And The Balloon ( Or Booster ) Would Probibly Work.

Wow! I missed your idea.

It has great potential.

We have: Bubbler/flash arrestor/SAFE-T/flash arrestor.

Everything small and redundant.

Assume the output flash arrestor fails, the SAFE-T will blow and the secondary flash arrestor will prevent the explosion from reaching the bubbler.

The beauty of this design is that the bubbler gas never explodes.

Now, add a NC micro switch in series with your power relay that will open when the SAFE-T blows and you system will stop generating.

Walla!

BoyntonStu

overtaker
11-18-2008, 08:50 AM
Yes Stu, this way you could sell twice the amount of flash arrestors. ;)

Painless
11-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Stu,

I would recommend you go back through zerofossilfuels older videos on youtube. He successfully made a similar blow out top for his generator, as usual with Mr Z there are detailed build vids as well as the test.

Russ.

BoyntonStu
11-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Stu,

I would recommend you go back through zerofossilfuels older videos on youtube. He successfully made a similar blow out top for his generator, as usual with Mr Z there are detailed build vids as well as the test.

Russ.

Russ,

You missed my post from yesterday:

Yesterday, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by overtaker View Post
Plastic bag leaks cause the boom?

The boom is the rapid burning of 2H and O to from H2O.

The plastic seal does not leak.

Visit Zero Fossil Fuel
#81 - VSPB Cell blowout test 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWpdtC6TJ8k

Thanks anyways,

BoyntonStu

BoyntonStu
11-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Amoeba Double SAFE-T Flash Arrestor

The SAFE-T will now have 2 Amoeba Flash Arrestors.

I believe that the Double SAFE-T is a viable solution for all Hydroxy generators.

Without your input, I would never have thought of it.

Thanks,

BoyntonStu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIgFqhnJTIQ

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rIgFqhnJTIQ"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rIgFqhnJTIQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

overtaker
11-18-2008, 01:08 PM
Stu... it said video no longer available. Maybe you were on to something and big oil removed it. :)

BoyntonStu
11-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Second Copy: : Amoeba Double SAFE-T Flash Arrestor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqiMH7-v1W8

The first video did not process.

BoyntonStu

Hint: The balloon survives the explosion.

Thanks guys!

BoyntonStu

overtaker
11-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Great job Stu! your braver than I. I would be nervous holding the plastic tubing.

BoyntonStu
11-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Great job Stu! your braver than I. I would be nervous holding the plastic tubing.

Overtaker, what could possibly happen; an explosion? lol

Do you believe that the Double SAFE-T will protect your system?

My thought now is to have the input/output in line with the top of the T and the membrane out the perpendicular bottom. Turned upside-down, it would make inspection/replacement a little more convenient.

Can you 'see' it?

Do you agree that would be a better way to go?

BoyntonStu

P.S. At what price should I offer Double SAFE-T to the general market?

(I will discount to HHO Forum Members)

overtaker
11-18-2008, 07:12 PM
I think the safe-t would be tough to sell seeing how someone can easily go to a box store for the parts. Please don't give up on the flashback arrestor though. Please make sure you cya ( possibly incorporate ).

BoyntonStu
11-18-2008, 07:17 PM
I think the safe-t would be tough to sell seeing how someone can easily go to a box store for the parts. Please don't give up on the flashback arrestor though. Please make sure you cya ( possibly incorporate ).

There will be 2 Amoeba Flash Arrestors built into the the SAFE-T.

Everything will be included.

Just connect your hoses and slip a piece of shopping bag on.

Simple!

BoyntonStu

theramsey3
11-19-2008, 02:34 PM
I don't know what it costs to make the flash arresters but if you could make them with a 3/8" hose I would interested in one. Personally for mass production and marketing I would look for a plastic company that could make you something similar to the PVC tee but much sleeker and have a screw on top. I would like to know what kind of service life one might expect to see out of the membrane?

BoyntonStu
11-19-2008, 02:48 PM
I don't know what it costs to make the flash arresters but if you could make them with a 3/8" hose I would interested in one. Personally for mass production and marketing I would look for a plastic company that could make you something similar to the PVC tee but much sleeker and have a screw on top. I would like to know what kind of service life one might expect to see out of the membrane?

Hi!

I am making a sleeker model as we speak.

The plastic membrane is made from any plastic shopping bag, etc.

Without sun exposure, it should last for many years.

If it fails, it can be replaced in 30 seconds.

Why are you asking for a screw?

As for a 3/8 hose fitting, a simple solution exists.

Place a short piece of tubing on the 1/4 flash arrestor to increase the diameter, and then fit your 3/8 tubing over it.

I guarantee a tight leak-free fit.

BoyntonStu

BoyntonStu

theramsey3
11-19-2008, 03:22 PM
that would be just for looks(the screw on top to make it look more professional for mass production and just a thought)

BoyntonStu
11-19-2008, 06:14 PM
that would be just for looks(the screw on top to make it look more professional for mass production and just a thought)

OK

The top will be the membrane.

Easy on, easy, off.

BoyntonStu