PDA

View Full Version : heater

mikem1977
11-16-2008, 10:06 AM
Hey everyone.... I know theres a "winter running" post on here where everyone was discussing what to do about the freezing issues. Ive read all kinds of stuff online and watched videos about mixing alocohol, rv anitfreeze and so on to prevent freezing. There are alot of guys on here that are WAY smarter than me:)...Has anyone come up with some sort of 12 volt heating to keep the cell just above freezing?..Ive searched all over the internet for 12 volt heat tape and so on...so far I cant find anything thats even near what I think would work...any ideas here. Ive heard that alcohol reduces production, can turn into sludge...etc...id rather stay away if possible. I would imagine someone could come up with something that would draw just enough current to keep the cell above freezing and not drain the battery overnight....If anyone has any idea..id love to hear them. I finally just got my cell up and running on my truck and now im scraping ice off the windshield every morning...:(bad time for testing:)...thanks for your time guys...Mike