PDA

View Full Version : Hhogames Expo Or Mason Jar Cell And Smack Booster Flea Market

hg2
11-11-2008, 01:23 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to the opening day of the hhogames expo today,and I must say I'm glad that parking was free and entry only $2 to get in.After looking around for a few minutes I wanted my $2 back,the place was crawling with snake oil salesmen.I did take a few pics(the reason still eludes me)while there,I'd post them but don't want to so as not to bore anyone.80% of the vendors were selling different versions of a smacks cell.They had big ones,little ones,blue ones,red ones blah blah blah(you get the idea).One guy was selling one made from 1 1/2" pvc that could fit in your pocket and he claimed had an output of almost 1 LPM(HAH).

Oh they did have 1 famous vendor we all know Ozzie water4gas:rolleyes: and his east coast marketing manager sidekick.He along with all the others were setup flea market style in a rodeo arena.There were maybe 30-35 of them all complete with their makeshift homemade displays.

One guy however had something of interest was a different spacer/gasket he manufactured that could be used to build any dry cell plate combination you could think of.The spacer/gasket was reasonably priced at $2.15 each and the end plates were around $4.The spacer/gaskets injection molded hard plastic had a groove molded in where o-ring material like rope was used to seal between the cells.I took some pics that I'll post later for show and also have his contact info.

Well that about sums up the great(sarcastically)hhogames expo,sorry I can't report any more but that's all there was.

Painless
11-11-2008, 02:20 PM
That's a shame, although I cannot say that is isn't expected either.

I would have been more interested in attending the seminars, etc.

overtaker
11-11-2008, 06:33 PM
I also attended and brought 2 of my kids age 6 and 8. They had a good time, hot dogs, race car and of course the dirt. I was also quite disappointed. The main man I wanted to see couldn't make it ( ZeroFossilFuels ). I haven't checked yet why not. I was impressed with the craftsmanship of a few cells, backward builders of Tampa was one. The first cell I ever built blew away most of the cells there. Tomorrow there will be a patent atty. giving a patent seminar. I'm not sure if that will be enough to bring me back. :(

hg2
11-12-2008, 05:40 AM
I also attended and brought 2 of my kids age 6 and 8. They had a good time, hot dogs, race car and of course the dirt. I was also quite disappointed. The main man I wanted to see couldn't make it ( ZeroFossilFuels ). I haven't checked yet why not. I was impressed with the craftsmanship of a few cells, backward builders of Tampa was one. The first cell I ever built blew away most of the cells there. Tomorrow there will be a patent atty. giving a patent seminar. I'm not sure if that will be enough to bring me back. :(

I know what you mean it's 60 miles one way for me and there's not a whole lot to do while waiting on a seminar.It sure was smack city there,I know now I've seen every way possible to build a smack cell that's for sure.Most of the cells there were pitiful and especially for the size some were with little output.

Did you see the guy selling the spacers for dry cells? He's the one that had the 101 plate Bob Boyce replica on display.I thoght that was a good idea for spacers with the o-ring stock to go in the grooves for seals.I think i'd have to give him best of show because the cell he displayed was slick.

overtaker
11-12-2008, 08:21 AM
Hg2, 60 miles north, south or west? I'm about 60 miles south. I also liked the dry-cell spacers but was curious about long term durability.

Super Fuel FX
11-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Would the KOH attack and eat away at the rubber seals? If not, this should be voted one kick-ass upgrade of the year.

hg2
11-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Hg2, 60 miles north, south or west? I'm about 60 miles south. I also liked the dry-cell spacers but was curious about long term durability.

60 miles north in antioch east ot tampa about 20 miles.

And yes durabilty crossed my mind also.I'm not sure what temp injection molded plastic starts to break down and gets soft.This is a true series cell component,so I know what temp my large tero runs (115 deg F)and believe it's not close to breaking down injection molded plastic.I asked the guy if he had it(the 101 plate cell) operational yet and he said no because he's still studying resonance drive unit with toroidal coils and chokes that's needed to run that type cell.I thought that the spacer/gaskets he displayed would work well in say a stock tero dry cell design,seems like an easy build to me with that type design spacer,but like you said will the injection molded plastic withstand the heat of a dry cell.I think it will.What are your thoughts on it?

hg2
11-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Would the KOH attack and eat away at the rubber seals? If not, this should be voted one kick-ass upgrade of the year.

I've seen where people have used o-rings in dry cell construction and none of them have reported any break down from heat nor e-lyte,including koh.

overtaker
11-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Hg2, I'm going back tomorrow for the big seminar with the zerofossilfuel guy and several others. It should be quite educational for me. I'm also bringing a few cells for output testing (official). I will let all know what the numbers come back as. Apparently I left to early on the first day because Zerofossil did make it. I think he lost 5th. gear on the way down. I hope his trip back is uneventful.

overtaker
11-14-2008, 07:03 PM
5 Lpm And 4.6 Mmw

protecheqp
11-15-2008, 11:37 AM
5 Lpm And 4.6 Mmw

you got some pictures ?

overtaker
11-15-2008, 12:38 PM
No pics but HHOGAMES.COM gives some details.