PDA

View Full Version : something very interesting

protecheqp
11-06-2008, 05:55 PM
found this in my travels ( hxxp://www.skyhero.com/) change the xx to tt..... now here is a guy just using a plasma spark to increase his gas mileage , wierd set up but according to him it works. he has videos on the site and a download of the schematic .

comments welcome .....
Pro

Oh and I would like to offer a open invitation to my site were new...in town ... to the boys here... see sig if you come over you will see that your site is listed in links ..I figure the more the better it is for all

fisher
11-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Is this valid, or are you doing some of that "free advertsing"?

protecheqp
11-06-2008, 07:01 PM
no its valid and i think all sites should work together

Boltazar
11-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Mother????????

Stevo
11-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Sir Spam-A-Lot?

theramsey3
11-06-2008, 10:01 PM
I think that this is very possible, makes sense and a great idea but needs some refining it would create a much hotter spark which would theoretically ignite a fuel charge much faster in turn causing a more complete burn which would increase fuel mileage. I think you could introduce the 120vdc in either polarity because you are only using your primary coil spark to create a bridge for it to travel across. I will try this as soon as i can buy a power inverter and a four diodes and a potentiometer that will handle about 600 to 1800 watts (light dimmer switch for 120v incandescent bulbs) being that it isn't drawing very much amperage for each amp of power you draw at 120v you are only drawing 120 watts so 5 amps would be 600 watts and 15 amps would be 1800 watts and the whole point of his microwave transformer is to lower the voltage in the circuit under a load. In the video he was using a small fuse I can't remember what it was but I'm pretty sure it was about 5 amps which is where I will try to start with mine and then step down to smaller fuses until i blow one. Any more ideas would be welcomed. sorry I got so long winded.

Boltazar
11-06-2008, 10:12 PM
My mother reply was to bust chops on the guy that said mother and dad. It was just stupid guy banter. I wasn't raised in a very proper home and always called my mother (yea I have one too) mom. The vid was awsome and should be looked into more

theramsey3
11-06-2008, 10:12 PM
What?? I an not following you guys. I have watched the videos and find them very interesting. He said that he can run the engine on water but it runs like crap. I think he needs to add HHO and maybe ethanol if the HHO is not enough.

you supply the cathode and anode ( positive and ground) on the spark plug with a low voltage high amperage (120vdc) power supply that can't jump the gap by itself but when the low amperage high voltage coil provides a spark the 120vdc can then make the jump across the gap

Stevo
11-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Funny that I am explaining my post, but anyway... The hxxp://.. thing is a bit of a weird way to try not to be viewed as spam (if that's actually the intention). Just found it very interesting.

Boltazar
11-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Theramsey3, Your post wasn't long winded at all. Well composed and well said. I just wish I understood what you said. I'm a cabinet maker / builder not an electrical engineer. The consept of a hotter spark seems good but if you introduce HHO the burn will be faster and more complete so won't the timing need to be retarded.

theramsey3
11-06-2008, 10:49 PM
that all depends on how much hho you add and how much fuel you cut I don't know how much hho you would have to add to have to retard timing drastically as is we need to retard it to change the max lean out tables in the computer to achieve better fuel mileage any how. The folks on youtube running lawn mower engines on straight hho are having timing issues (back firing) but personally I feel the faster and more complete we can make the gasoline burn through introduction of hho and with this new thought of a hotter spark the more efficient we can make the ICE. It will be an experiment all of its own but as far as I can see it the worst that will happen is we will ruin a set of spark plugs and spend a few extra bucks and you have got to admit it will be a pretty cool experiment.

protecheqp
11-08-2008, 06:25 AM
Funny that I am explaining my post, but anyway... The hxxp://.. thing is a bit of a weird way to try not to be viewed as spam (if that's actually the intention). Just found it very interesting.

some sites do not like live links ......thus the XX

protecheqp
11-09-2008, 09:49 AM
he is the schematic in the zip file attached

protecheqp
11-09-2008, 10:11 AM
and here is a plasma arc ignition patent file http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?IA=CA1992000510&DISPLAY=DESC

theramsey3
11-15-2008, 10:57 AM
i am going to build one with a full wave rectifier and a potentometer instead of a transformer and see how it works

Super Fuel FX
11-17-2008, 01:13 PM
... I think he needs to add HHO and maybe ethanol if the HHO is not enough.

Adding ethanol to the system actually reduces gas mileage. If you take the examples of standard gas (no ethanol added), and compare the gas mileages from E85 (85% Ethanol), there is a 20% decrease in gas mileage with E85. Granted, E85 is becoming cheaper to produce, the whole idea of increasing your gas mileage seems kinda moot with regards to adding any type of alcohol to your fuel.

Super Fuel FX
11-17-2008, 05:00 PM
My apologies. It just didn't sink in the way it should've.

theramsey3
11-19-2008, 11:30 AM
I have still yet to build my first prototype but had a thought last night instead of using diodes between the different cylinders to prevent crossfire taking the 120vac supply before rectifying to dc and running it to 1:1 ratio transformers (you will need as many transformers as you have cylinders) then rectifying the acv to dcv then to the spark plug there would be absolutely no crossfire issues. Theoretically you should still be able to change the supply voltage and it affect each plug with the same voltage. It will actually require more diodes but I believe that I am going to be able to eliminate about 60 diodes from the schematic using my design. If any one else builds one first please let us know. It may be a while before I get a chance to do this I am having a small money issue right now thus hindering me from playing