PDA

View Full Version : A big THANK YOU!

EdCaffreyMS
11-04-2008, 03:28 PM
But I cannot remember which thread it was on..

Last week I found a thread that contained an image of a bubbler that has tubing coiled inside, forcing the HHO to be cooled, and then bubble up from the bottom. Since I'm not at the level of creating a dry cell yet, I decided to try it for my HHO setup.

I'll try to get images up a little later, but for now, I'll try to explain.

My current HHO setup is a wet cell, with 20 plates of 316, housed inside of a fiberglass junction box/enclosure measuring 6"x6"X4" with a hinged/latched lid, and a clear windowed top. Running 1 tablespoon per gallon of Potassium Hydroxide electrolyte. The bubbler is a Stanley "rough duty" water bottle from Ace Hardware.

I have always had the best MPG from my unit when its hooked to a vacuum port at the base of the carb, but bouncing down the road always caused the vacuum to suck in splashed water from the bubbler. I used 6 feet of tubing, coiled inside the bubbler, with the intake from the cell about 2" from the top, and the exit to the engine on the lid. I then used a folded scotchbrite pad as a "baffle" between the water level and the lid. It solved the "splashing" issue!

Since its now freezing weather where I live, I've also experimented with keeping the cell/bubbler from freezing and think I've found the solution.....

1/2 cup denatured alcohol in the cell, and for the bubble I mixed 60% windshield washer/antifreeze, and 40% distilled vinegar.
Last night was 28F here, and no freezing...we'll see what happens as the temp drops more.

Anyway, whomever posted the image of the bubbler with the coiled tubing inside....Many Thanks! That was a brilliant idea, and helps solve several issues with wet cells!

Painless
11-04-2008, 05:13 PM
That's my "cleansing bubbler" design.

You're most welcome, just glad to contribute and help others where I can.

overtaker
11-04-2008, 07:09 PM
I would like to second that " thank you " !!!!! Painless is consistently helping others.