PDA

View Full Version : Whats Good For Viruses?

Sliltincergen
11-03-2008, 09:38 AM
My PC has been Acting Up so I did a free scan at this site: http://YOURLAKIILASTORE.INFO

And found like 18 different viruses. What's a good program That I can use to get rid of this stuff?

I was thinking of just buying the one from this site: http://MYLAKIILA.INFO

but I want a few more suggestions so any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

DrBrown
11-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Trend Micro is good. They have a free scan at housecall.trendmicro.com.

Also AVG has a free antivirus that is decent, small footprint on the PC. Try one of those out. If it were me I'd use AVG-Free and get spybot search & destroy for malware and spyware.

IronBear
11-03-2008, 12:07 PM
The freeware version of AVG is fantastic. It takes up a modest amount of memory and does an excellent job at protecting my machines. Compared to Norton, this thing is light years ahead and its free.

fisher
11-03-2008, 12:14 PM
I have not tried the free AVG anti-virus. Here is why.

New viruses are written every day. These malicious programs have "signatures"; lines of code that they execute or actions that they carry-out in order to do their damage to your system.

In order to keep on top of the new viruses, anti-virus program writers have to constantly update their signature files and their programs in order to fight these new viruses.

Now, why would anybody do that for free? How dedicated would they be to keeping current a product when no benefits are provided for their efforts.

So I buy my anti-virus from Norton or McAfee. Both are excellent programs with constant updates.

I have no idea how AVG works, but I am afraid to try it when I consider the damage that can be done if it doesn't protect from a new virus.

Stevo
11-03-2008, 12:17 PM
AVG is perfectly fine.

Realtyroy
11-03-2008, 12:25 PM
I have been using Avast for years now and it has been great. No problems and its free, go to their website.
Stay away for McAfee and Norton, both are junk!
Avast updates every time I fire up the confuser so I know I now have the latest virus protection.
Good Luck!
Roy

sumdude
11-03-2008, 12:44 PM
malwarebytes is your best friend buddY!!!

IronBear
11-03-2008, 12:51 PM
I have not tried the free AVG anti-virus. Here is why.

New viruses are written every day. These malicious programs have "signatures"; lines of code that they execute or actions that they carry-out in order to do their damage to your system.

In order to keep on top of the new viruses, anti-virus program writers have to constantly update their signature files and their programs in order to fight these new viruses.

Now, why would anybody do that for free? How dedicated would they be to keeping current a product when no benefits are provided for their efforts.

So I buy my anti-virus from Norton or McAfee. Both are excellent programs with constant updates.

I have no idea how AVG works, but I am afraid to try it when I consider the damage that can be done if it doesn't protect from a new virus.

AVG updates their virus sigs every 24 hours on a routine schedule. They are available for the free and purchased models. What you get when you pay for the subscription is VERY fast email support and step by step directions to remove any virii you may encounter.

We call it guiltware.
Its that good.

IB

mytoyotasucks
11-03-2008, 01:02 PM
avast - http://www.download.com/Avast-Home-Edition/3000-2239_4-10019223.html

and it does viruses, spyware and more. and its free!!!!!!!

Q-Hack!
11-03-2008, 05:55 PM
I run Linux... Don't have to worry about viruses.

fisher
11-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Good info on AVG, I will have to try it on my home computer, norton is about to run out. Im scared, but have heard nothing but positives.

Painless
11-03-2008, 07:22 PM
I've got the best virus protection there is on my PC, I don't use windows :-)

resago
11-04-2008, 11:54 AM
uh, that first post was spam by the way.

AVG is good.

Norton and McCrappy BAD.

the first thing these new viruses do is disable both norton and mccrappy. Norton has sucked since 2003.Mccrappy has sucked for even longer.

Riddler250
11-04-2008, 11:59 AM
I have never had any problems using free avg, I usually use spybot search and destroy along side it.