PDA

View Full Version : cylinder head temps

ser456123
10-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Hi
Is it safe to say that if the enginge is not pinging then the cylinder head temps are okay?

Or can the enginge still be damaged?

What do you guys think?

mytoyotasucks
10-30-2008, 12:23 AM
Hi
Is it safe to say that if the enginge is not pinging then the cylinder head temps are okay?

What do you guys think?

pinging is pre ignition - not just over heat.

Roland Jacques
10-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Hi

What do you guys think?

Great question, I think most folks agree with your assumption. I have not seen any solid info to ether way on head temp. They do say that engine temps tends to go down with HHO use. The most temp info ive seen is the "Jet Lab paper" but I don’t remember any head temp measurements.

The i do a lot of reading on this subject and the only head temp damage ive heard of was with a large diesel engine. It was very vage on the details.

kerry k
10-30-2008, 10:36 AM
I have a egt gauge on my car and I have not seen much difference with or without the HHO.

Painless
10-30-2008, 10:50 AM
Using HHO results in water vapour after combustion, therefore I theorise that this is helping to absorb combustion heat.

The only problem is when people then start to lean out the fuel mixture looking for more mpg savings, this is where an EGT becomes invaluable.

Roland Jacques
10-30-2008, 06:48 PM
EGT? exhaust gas temp???

Roland Jacques
10-30-2008, 06:50 PM
I have a egt gauge on my car and I have not seen much difference with or without the HHO. What size engine ? how many LPM?

Boltazar
10-30-2008, 09:14 PM
I have a egt gauge on my car and I have not seen much difference with or without the HHO.

Have you seen an increase in gas milage, do you have the ability to lean out the gasoline?

kerry k
10-30-2008, 10:30 PM
My car is a 86 Merkur with a 2.3L turbo. My cell puts out about 1.75lpm. EGT'S run about 1050 deg normal driving but will shoot up to 1400 at higher boost levels.

Being a turbo car, leaning it out would not be a good idea. In fact I had installed an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to keep it from being too lean prior to the installation of my cell.