PDA

View Full Version : water trap??

mikem1977
10-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Is anyone running a water catch/trap before there intake? I was thinking of a setup like what I use on my plasma cutter and air compressor outlets to keep condensation out????Mike

Roland Jacques
10-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Its a good idea.

Not sure what kind your refering to. i use a coil of tubing that is inside a container so it tends to deposit moisture inside the tube. Then the water drips out at the end of the tube. i also like painless's designin inside a bubbler.

Spookious
10-28-2008, 05:57 PM
I think Smith03Jetta has done something like this (http://hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=61&page=44) already. I believe there's more info and results in the 2 pages following 44.

hydrotinkerer
10-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Is anyone running a water catch/trap before there intake? I was thinking of a setup like what I use on my plasma cutter and air compressor outlets to keep condensation out????Mike

I have two of them in my setup right now. The first one is right after the gen. to catch access electolite. The second I thought to slow down or stop condensation, it might help a little bit. I think the filter idea close to end of the gas hose works better. I'm going to change to the filter but keep the one right after the gen.

mikem1977
10-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Hydro, what did you use? can you post a picture?

hydrotinkerer
10-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Hydro, what did you use? can you post a picture?

Are you asking about what I made them out of? Haven't worked bugs out of pictures yet, but I'm getting there!

mikem1977
10-28-2008, 08:56 PM
I was more asking how you configured it. I was thinking of just using one of the setups like you would use on a air compressor to keep the water out of your line and tools, its a glass container with an in and a out...not sure how well it would work on an hho setup????

hydrotinkerer
10-28-2008, 09:20 PM
For the "trap" a went and bought 1" clear tubing and gooped the hose fittings the size of my gas hose and 1". It was real cheap and it works. I tried using them as a bubbler but the 1" diameter in my opinion is to small.