PDA

View Full Version : Nothing VENTURIED,Nothing Gained

Bill Bailey
10-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Has anybody played around with petrol vapour and HHO.

I am just about to go on a 600 mile trip along the coast of Australia and with the
price of petrol ( $1.45 Lt ) being what it is I thought I might also try vapour
from the tank as well as my HHO cell.

By using a venturi I can draw the vapour strait out of the petrol tank
and introduce it just before the carby.

My venturi has 2 ports of suction and I will attach flash arresters to Thea's for safety .

I wont be able to try this out before I start my trip so I would like a
heads up if anybody has already tried it.:eek:

It is made from 2 acrylic wine glasses 3" in diameter with a 1 1/2" S/S sleeve in the center.

It sounds feasible ?????? But who knows ??????:D

Nothing ventured I guess.:confused:

Painless
10-22-2008, 09:26 PM
If I were you, I'd use a seperate container for the gas to be venturied. If a flashback does get through, you won't want that in your main tank.

bigapple
10-23-2008, 12:04 AM
I've had a lot of success with water vapor injection with flammable additives. Take heed when puncturing the gas tank because if you make a place for the gasoline vapor (petrol vapor) to escape, your tank will go empty sooner since gas is escaping, and it will leave behind all the detergents and lubricants in concentrated form. I'd just go straight to trying water vapor and isopropyl alcohol to see if your vacuum in the ventri is strong enough to draw vapor thru the line.

Roland Jacques
10-23-2008, 08:30 AM
Sounds to me like a big danger factor. Be safe!!! You might want make sure your Will and life insurance and standing with God are in order.

You may want an extra bubble, or 2, or 8, between the gas tank and the carb.

Adding gas vapor without major modification to your carb seems like all you do is run rich by just adding more gas than needed. I guess you'll be venting the gas tank.