PDA

View Full Version : Scan tool

midnight1957
10-21-2008, 01:51 PM
I am going to buy a scan tool, OBDIIw/can to aid in tuning for mileage with my hho system installed.
Has anyone bought one of these off ebay and if so which one?
Also have you recieved any benefit by having one to tune your vehicle for better mileage?

Thanks and have a Blessed day,
Wade

sumdude
10-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Scan tool or tuner?

If its a tuner

Honestly when buying a tuner you only want to use it if you have done performance upgrades on the engine such as headers, cams etc. The simple hho wont require any major modifications to the car ecu.

So basically its just a waste of money if your not going to have performance mods.

bigapple
10-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Scan tool or tuner?

If its a tuner

Honestly when buying a tuner you only want to use it if you have done performance upgrades on the engine such as headers, cams etc. The simple hho wont require any major modifications to the car ecu.

So basically its just a waste of money if your not going to have performance mods.

But purposely leaning out the fuel mixture and altering timing by about 5 degrees will yield better mileage and performance regardless of hydroxy injection.

wrxdrvr
10-22-2008, 03:56 PM
I use this on my car... http://scangauge.com/ Works great, and very acuurate when set up to your car.