PDA

View Full Version : How many of your cells produce with tap water

overtaker
10-20-2008, 09:18 PM
How many of you have built cells that make hydroxy gas with just tap water? How about with just distilled water. Is it fair to say that any cell that produces gas with just tap water ( and low volts ) would have to be considered an efficient cell? I do understand "tap water" is different in all areas with some having higher mineral content and therefor more conductive.

hg2
10-20-2008, 09:37 PM
How many of you have built cells that make hydroxy gas with just tap water? How about with just distilled water. Is it fair to say that any cell that produces gas with just tap water ( and low volts ) would have to be considered an efficient cell? I do understand "tap water" is different in all areas with some having higher mineral content and therefor more conductive.

Tap water contains too many impurities,running it in you cell only results in the build up of deposits,Which will decrease your production.

Roland Jacques
10-20-2008, 10:35 PM
You can easily measure the Total Dissolved Solids of your water with a cheap TDS meter. I'd say if you can produce HHO in Zero TDS water (deionized water) that would be remarkable. The efficiency would still have to be compared by MMW numbers. Like you said water can vary town to town Phenox can be over 900 TDS, and Atlanta is in the 30s at times thats 300 Xs higher...

Even then some MMW reading can vary with gas temps, steam... Temperature may be the biggest overlooked factor when we measure MMW. If I measure 1 LPM at 100 degrees, I wonder how much and what that might read at 160 degrees. We should probably have a temp correcting chart to really compare apples to apples

H2OPWR
10-21-2008, 01:55 AM
You can easily measure the Total Dissolved Solids of your water with a cheap TDS meter. I'd say if you can produce HHO in Zero TDS water (deionized water) that would be remarkable. The efficiency would still have to be compared by MMW numbers. Like you said water can vary town to town Phenox can be over 900 TDS, and Atlanta is in the 30s at times thats 300 Xs higher...

Even then some MMW reading can vary with gas temps, steam... Temperature may be the biggest overlooked factor when we measure MMW. If I measure 1 LPM at 100 degrees, I wonder how much and what that might read at 160 degrees. We should probably have a temp correcting chart to really compare apples to apples

I agree with the temp chart. Some of the claims of very high MML outputs are measuring both steam and HHO. Steam will not do naything but hinder results.

H2OPWR
10-21-2008, 01:58 AM
There is no way to get even decent results with only distilled water. It is an insulator. You can get some production by putting resistors between your plates and creating a magnet field without actually using the water as a conductor but lose way to much power shorting out the cell.