PDA

View Full Version : HHO in a boat

NoMoGas
10-19-2008, 09:32 PM
I have a 5.7L chevy with 4 bbl carb in my boat. Has anyone installed HHO on a boat? I have not worked with carbs much, and not sure what, if any, changes need to be made the the carb (re-jetting, or other tuning). My assumpion is that I would just push the throttle forward less to get the same amount of power as before HHO. Is this the case, or will I have to change something on the carb? I will take other precautions to keep water from going into engine, I am just not sure about carb. Any help would be appreciated.

Farmercal
10-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Boat, car, motorcycle. An internal combustion engine is an internal combution engine. They all work the same. There is talk about how to retool a carburator on this and other websites. Do some searching. Good Luck.

NoMoGas
10-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Not much info on how to re-jet a carb or adjust timing. Is this something that a non mechanic can do?

Farmercal
10-21-2008, 09:14 AM
I read on a forum that someone had soldered the jets opening and redrilled the hole to a smaller diameter to restrict gas into the combustion chanber. Timing is adjusted by loosening the distribitor (older engines) and turning it one way or the other depending on what your desired results.

A non-mechanic, probably not. A backyard mechanic, possibly. Would I do it? Heck yeah, but I haven't taken my car to a mechanic (except transmission work) in 30+ years. I just like tinkering with stuff. I'm also hard-headed.

NoMoGas
10-21-2008, 09:58 PM
Thanks, I could probably adjust the timing, but the jets seem like more than I want to try. I will have my shade tree guy work on it.

crb
10-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Summit racing has adjustable jets for holley carbs

Flatbroke
10-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Im going to try to build a generator for my old stepside GMC. It has a "Beefed up" 350 motor and a few other mods to include the tranny. Im just trying to get it to the point I can drive it at least on the weekends.

I will take any advice on how much HHO I need to produce.

Also gonna keep an eye on this thread.

Boltazar
10-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Can I install a dry cell in my seadoo utopia it has a 2 cycle 6 cylinder. I'm not sure about 2 cycles