PDA

View Full Version : ss tubes

Atm0spher
10-16-2008, 10:05 AM
if anyone is using ss tubes how are you connecting the inner tube.

bigapple
10-16-2008, 11:04 AM
The only issue with this is that if the stainless is of lower quality or isn't coated right, the electrolyte could eat through the tubing, but if you have a good filter before to get rid of water droplets, it could work. I think the best way to go is to use fuel hosing. Its made of a durable rubber (not sure of the material), its braided on the inside with mesh or nylon (not sure of that either but its stringy), and if sealed up with hose clamps, can withstand pressures around 50 PSI (larger hoses; mine was a 3/8'' diameter hole). These have been great for my applications. Every other clear hose seemed to warp under the pressure and temperature, but the fuel hose held up with everything I threw at it and any temperature it was given. Transmission hosing will work here as well because it is just as tough, if not tougher, than fuel hosing. You can buy then at autozone by the foot for a pretty low price.

My two pennies

bigapple
10-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Wait, ok so I just read my post and reread yours. If you're talking about using the SS as electrodes then my comment is irrelevant. Haha, sorry about that.

IronBear
10-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Most of the designs I have seen have a very small gap around the outer diameter of the inner tube and the inner diameter of the outer tube. They frequently use spacers like zip ties and sometimes rubber hose segments. as long as they are evenly spaced and dont touch the outer tube, you should be good to go.

Atm0spher
10-16-2008, 03:15 PM
sorry how are you supplying power to the inner tube