PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Altima Dissapointing results

ttallos
10-15-2008, 06:06 PM
I have bought a dual EFIE a PWM made by zero fossil fuel taken months of trying and tinkering. I installed a thermal breaker after I had a fire (fuze houzing thermal failure). I backed it down to 35 amps when warm. I went from 25.2MPG without to 21MPG with the punch 2.0 real dissapointing. I think at this point I will cut my losses this whole thing seems like one big failure I even hired a professional mechanic to install it so I would know it was done right. I think the American Hydrogen Association may be right. They say that these HHO generators take more energy than they produce and with these figures it must be so......Signed Dissapointed and out lots of $$$.

Riddler250
10-15-2008, 06:12 PM
I have bought a dual EFIE a PWM made by zero fossil fuel taken months of trying and tinkering. I installed a thermal breaker after I had a fire (fuze houzing thermal failure). I backed it down to 35 amps when warm. I went from 25.2MPG without to 21MPG with the punch 2.0 real dissapointing. I think at this point I will cut my losses this whole thing seems like one big failure I even hired a professional mechanic to install it so I would know it was done right. I think the American Hydrogen Association may be right. They say that these HHO generators take more energy than they produce and with these figures it must be so......Signed Dissapointed and out lots of $$$.

There have been many positive results with this technology and we are still learning a lot about it. Don't give up. Read smith experiment in hho, perhaps he could shed some light on what hasn't been working for you. Have you noticed an increase in power?

sumdude
10-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Did you raise the o2 sensor on the exhaust? Did you try a map sensor enhancer, Did you manage to check to see if there was a voltage change in the o2 readings prior to installing hho unit and after installing? How much hho was the punch 2.0 putting out? Does your vehicle has any vaccum leaks.

Its VERY obvious that the hho is showing a rich condition towards the ecu and adding more fuel in. You need to tweak the ecu from pumping too much gas and then the hho will supplement for that gas removed which would in-turn result in a increase.

hydrotinkerer
10-15-2008, 08:58 PM

What year model and engine is in the Altima?

pj91gsx
10-15-2008, 09:47 PM
did you check the booster for leaks? mine leaks all over, theres no doubt that it could have gotten any hydrogen in the motor.

ttallos
10-16-2008, 08:30 AM
Dissapointed for the day.... but not down for good. My car is a nissan Altima 2000 I think it is a 2.4 but not sure it is a 4 door if that is any clue. I dont have a map sensor pot at this time but I will ad one later. I just love all the ideas I am getting from you guys! I am going to keep working patientlly and try every one of them and then post the answers. I want to set up a lab so I can have tighter controlls for this experiment as well I am waiting on the Astron power supply (like zero fossil fuel uses on youtube) it should be here any day now so I can bench the cell and test thoroughlly the output and all of its peramiters and try to make a more efficient cell as well. If it dosent work in real time on the car why not just use something like solor cells to generate HHO and tank it. Then input it as an additive at say 5 psi????

resago
10-16-2008, 11:04 AM
the solar cell is a good idea, you could add a battery in the trunk and run the gen off the power that the solar panel pumped into the battery.

HHOinKY
10-16-2008, 12:28 PM
the solar cell is a good idea, you could add a battery in the trunk and run the gen off the power that the solar panel pumped into the battery.

Hmm. How big of a panel would you need? And would the extra weight counter the added increase in gas mileage, or at least hinder the effectiveness?

ttallos
10-16-2008, 10:14 PM
The 2 panel would be on my home roof charging 1 deep cycle battery 120 Ah. At 10 cents a kilowatt I could do a combo solar and home power to charge the battery and power the cell. I think the easiest idea so far Ive had is to make the gas then compress it into a tank and use the tank on the auto. No battery on the car, run a slow psi in to the intake....just thinking here, I havent tried anything yet but I plan to, or it may be cheaper just buying hydrogen from a welder. I am considering natural gas or propane. I will post when I do it. And try to help everyone here.

H2OPWR
10-17-2008, 01:07 AM
The 2 panel would be on my home roof charging 1 deep cycle battery 120 Ah. At 10 cents a kilowatt I could do a combo solar and home power to charge the battery and power the cell. I think the easiest idea so far Ive had is to make the gas then compress it into a tank and use the tank on the auto. No battery on the car, run a slow psi in to the intake....just thinking here, I havent tried anything yet but I plan to, or it may be cheaper just buying hydrogen from a welder. I am considering natural gas or propane. I will post when I do it. And try to help everyone here.

Please do not compress and store HHO. Any other available compressed or stored fuel source will not burn, Ignite, or explode without adding oxygen. HHO is both nhydrogen and oxygen. Any source of ignition and your storage tank will be gone and all that would be left is a huge hole in the ground. Any use of HHO needs to be used on demand as it is produce. HHO is a very viable fuel source but way too dangerous to compress and store.

resago
10-17-2008, 09:32 AM
agreed, you must separate and store.

brentkelley24
10-17-2008, 09:04 PM
My distributors have installed on nissans and I have received negative results. If the ecu reads any inconsistency in voltage it kicks in factory presets.

ttallos
10-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Thanks for that info I will take it. I was considering following the American Hydrogen Assocations instructions for making a hydrogen car. Not sure though. If I cant get HHO to work I will just scrap the idea. I think it will work better on older vehicles though.