PDA

View Full Version : What do you think

midnight1957
10-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Guys, I need your opinion.
There is a cell on ebay item number 260299712699 that is a dry cell that measures 3 1/2 X 3 1/2 that makes over 1L of hho, he recommends using potasium hydroxide. What would be the difference in using sodium hydroxide?

I have a 2002 Kia Sportage with a 4 cylinder engine and I have heard that too much hho will decrease mileage, so what do you think about this cell and do you think it will be enough for my Kia and will I need an effie also?

Please answer all questions.

Thanks and have a Blessed day,
Wade

Boltazar
10-14-2008, 09:26 PM
I believe one is more corrosive than the other but I don't know which. If vapors get into the engine they may corrode Al parts.

Two much hho won't decrease mpg. EFIE and a MAP or MAF adjustments should do it

hg2
10-15-2008, 12:22 AM
There is a cell on ebay item number 260299712699 that is a dry cell that measures 3 1/2 X 3 1/2 that makes over 1L of hho, he recommends using potasium hydroxide. What would be the difference in using sodium hydroxide?

I have a 2002 Kia Sportage with a 4 cylinder engine and I have heard that too much hho will decrease mileage, so what do you think about this cell and do you think it will be enough for my Kia and will I need an effie also?

Wade

Koh(potassium hydroxide)seems to be the popular vote,some say the Naoh(sodium hydroxide)causes deposits and brown flim to form on the plates when run for a long period of time.I've used koh for well over a year in my cell with little or no build up or deposits.

I've never heard any mention of someone using too much hho,most complain they can't generate enough,and 1 lpm for a 2.0L motor is most likely half of what you'll need for good mpg gains.

And your question regarding O2 efie I would say yes you'll need to install that(providing you have narrowband O2 sensors),and maybe a map sensor enhancer also.Always try the O2 efie first,then if your not seeing good mpg gains then install a map en. as well.

H2OPWR
10-15-2008, 01:58 AM

Wade

From my experience you need both a MAP/MAF and an EFIE. When you only use one the ECM gets confused. It expects to see corrisponding signals that match. Use one without the other and your ECM gets mixed signals. It will always error on the side of cauthion which means a richer air fuel mixture and worse mpg

hg2
10-15-2008, 04:26 AM
From my experience you need both a MAP/MAF and an EFIE. When you only use one the ECM gets confused. It expects to see corrisponding signals that match. Use one without the other and your ECM gets mixed signals. It will always error on the side of cauthion which means a richer air fuel mixture and worse mpg

You're right there,on my dodge ram I had to use both to see any mpg gains,but I've known some people to use just the O2 efie with good results and with no problems with setting codes.All vehicles react differently to hho and sensor mods,and that's why I suggest to use O2 efie first because it's less apt to set codes.That's only in my opinion.