PDA

View Full Version : Step up to 16Volts

Tremorfalcon
10-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Well,

We all currently have two practical options as I see it. We can either run 12volt from a battery, or ~14volt from the battery if the alternator is running.

What about 16volts? Thats good for one more cell isn't it? Well, you can step up your 12Volt battery to 16Volts using this.

http://thevbattery.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=270

Bad side? It mainly used for boosting ignition systems and only supports "5-10 amps output (85%) ".

So, would an extra cell make up for a loss of 20 amps? (assuming we run are generators at 30amps which I plan on doing). Probably not, but for those who want to run a Hydrogen Generator on a motorcycle or some other small vehicle that can't handle too many amps I think it'd be perfect.

8 Cells running at 10 amps vs. 7 cells running at 30 amps. For a small alternator vehicle, I'd say the 8 cell 10 amps wins.

hg2
10-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Well,

We all currently have two practical options as I see it. We can either run 12volt from a battery, or ~14volt from the battery if the alternator is running.

What about 16volts? Thats good for one more cell isn't it? Well, you can step up your 12Volt battery to 16Volts using this.

http://thevbattery.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=270

Bad side? It mainly used for boosting ignition systems and only supports "5-10 amps output (85%) ".

So, would an extra cell make up for a loss of 20 amps? (assuming we run are generators at 30amps which I plan on doing). Probably not, but for those who want to run a Hydrogen Generator on a motorcycle or some other small vehicle that can't handle too many amps I think it'd be perfect.

8 Cells running at 10 amps vs. 7 cells running at 30 amps. For a small alternator vehicle, I'd say the 8 cell 10 amps wins.

They may not have a regulator with that many amps ,but I did see a kit that had 16v battery and a 16v 124 amp alternator plus hook up kit.Raises thoughts using 16v for the hho for better results on a separate system using 2 alternators and 2 batteries.One for the vehicle and one for the hho.I did see on the OUpower forum someone built a alternator bracket on the rear end and used the driveshaft to run the 2nd alternator,they say it didn't use much H.P.because it was geared down after the tranny.

Riddler250
10-13-2008, 08:00 PM
A power supply for a laptop puts out 16V. It only has 10a but LND has a power supply that supplies 16v even if the input drops to 10v. Still only 10a though

hg2
10-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Anybody know if they sell alternators that can run higher than 16v?Because that site carried batterys to 48v.

midnight1957
10-13-2008, 09:03 PM
There is a 16 volt battery on the market, drag racers use them especially for cranking high compresson engines.

Thanks and have a Blessed day,
Wade

hg2
10-13-2008, 09:27 PM
There is a 16 volt battery on the market, drag racers use them especially for cranking high compresson engines.

Thanks and have a Blessed day,
Wade

I was asking about alternators not batteries.

Haywire Haywood
10-13-2008, 09:44 PM
When I first started reading about HHO I saw a few videos from a guy that was rewinding alternators for higher voltage but I can't remember where I saw it now. You could buy the alternator or just the rewound part to fit to yours.

Ian

hg2
10-13-2008, 09:48 PM
When I first started reading about HHO I saw a few videos from a guy that was rewinding alternators for higher voltage but I can't remember where I saw it now. You could buy the alternator or just the rewound part to fit to yours.

Ian

If you can remember where you saw it post it please.